Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Finished 3,000 word essay :D

It was on humour, was quite tempted to reference boards a couple of times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

SebtheBum wrote:
    Absolutely.

In fact, it'd be even better if we got rid of all the Corkmen and women living there...

So ya dont like Dublin, ya dont like Cork, anywhere in Ireland ya do like Seb?

well done on essay elmyra! i love finishing essays...until i realise ive more:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

crash_000 wrote:
    the UCD board has hit the point where yez need to steal threads from trinity - Thats a real woohoo/anti-moan for me :D

its ok, some day yee lot can have some originality :D

*just kidding folks, yeh know i love yez all!*

Pffft....I do believe we had the bitch thread first *and* the tunnels thread.

In yore face crash!!!

Oh and did you ever get that cream? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Nah, no cream as of yet :( still in the post apparently :D also our rant/bitch/moan thread is only a few hundred posts off being the #10 most posted to thread on boards :D it just gets better and better :) also we have had more posters down the tunnels :D

*compares internet dick size some more* :P

edit: my god thats a lot of smilies - it really is late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ah yes, but don't you see that the more posts on your rant thread shows a higher level of unhappiness among Trinity students than here in UCD. In other words, we're better.

Having more posters down the tunnels just shows you to be slackers tbh :p

Either way your "originality" comment is pretty much busted!

<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Just found out I've been offered an Odysseus place.
    *\o/*
    that makes 2 of us :D
    that's pretty good that you got one, there were only 16 places, so i doubt if many other second years got one. I
    didn't get the one i wanted though, ended up with the twigstack one, how bout u?

also got my free stuff at that programming competition aswell. Whats even better is we are getting another t-shirt for it next week. It will be one designed just for the competition, so it prob will have csi programming contest in big letters....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ah yes, but don't you see that the more posts on your rant thread shows a higher level of unhappiness among Trinity students than here in UCD. In other words, we're better.

<3
    Quiet woman :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just found out I've been offered an Odysseus place.
    *\o/*

What is that? Do tell so us non CS types can ooh and ahh too!

internship, helping out lecturers to do research in different areas, plus other stuff such as meetings with all the other odcsss ppl and doing cross subject work.Anyways it means we will be spendimg our whole summer in UCD or DCU.
    Get paid 300 a week tax free, prob could have got a better paid one working for a company, but this will look good on the CV (especially as im a lazy bum and have only ever worked full time for one summer)
    http://www.odcsss.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

SebtheBum wrote:
    Our Capital SUCKS ASS - repeat - ASS.
    Yeah, Meath does suck, doesn't it?

{/Hill of Tara being the real capital of Ireland rant}

Got to interview Paul Noonan from Bell x1 for the Univeristy Observer yesterday. Woot! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got the recommendation kiosk one, which was my first choice. I'll still be keeping the part-time job that I've been at for 3 years, because I'm using the Odysseus money to help pay my fees for next year.

And congrats Blowfish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

<3

Steph, how did you know that was what I was going to post?! :eek: Now I have nothing to say! Except that we're obviously far less given to complaining and whining than Trinity students ;)

Major woo-hoo: after a week of running around the arts block, I finally have my second reference!!! Only bummer is that now I need to go through all this again for my ucd application.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

humbert wrote:
    Ah now that's a bit unfair, just ask them to stop putting on that ridiculous accent, it has to be some sort of joke:p

I for one don't have a cork accent, in fact, my impressions of them are dire.

Also I hear stupid accents up here too so not point blaming just cork people.

I like my really odd accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

*covers mouth with hands and adopts Tommy Tiernan impersonation*
    Well... *Darth Vader breathing* It's not Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Uber Woot!

My broadband is fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got tickets to the Billy Joel concert today!
    5 rows from the front!
    So happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm a happy camper! :)

I checked my bank account today and just realized I've about double the amount I thought I had in it. Score!

and I got a C in my first module essay which means I'm nearly there to passing the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I checked my bank account today and just realized I've about double the amount I thought I had in it. Score!
    How you doin' Zane?

Now I aint sayin she a goldigga....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs wrote:
    How you doin' Zane?

lmao!

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    How you doin' Zane?

*/ flicks through his endless amounts of 500euro notes

I'm fantastic Scraggs! :D

Get yer coat...

You've pulled!

Scraggs wrote:
    Get yer coat...

Scraggs, if you think you're going to get your grubby little hands on my wallet and my 17 credit cards you've got another thing coming! :rolleyes:

*grabs coat*

:D

Woohoo Thanks Zane for makin me realise I'm getting paid friday and I did loads of extra hours so yay I'm gonna be rich too [albeit for a short time...]

Scraggs, if you think you're going to get your grubby little hands on my wallet and my 17 credit cards you've got another thing coming! :rolleyes:

*grabs coat*
    :D
    puhlease.. if you were that rich you'd only have one credit card with no limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Was watching MTV2 earlier. God I hate that Aussie fúcker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I don't have my practical exam tomorrow woot, and i have my seminar done however it bad it went. And my three weeks of very bad luck end tonight hopefully, come on tomorrow!

:D Left my phone on the desk in the computer labs yesterday. came in at 11 today and it was still sitting there waiting for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Lucky! Either that or it's a shit phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement