Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm and battery disconnection problem

Options
  • 18-03-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I've just bought a vehicle which came fitted with a Toad Ai606 alarm and immobiliser but when a mate was looking at it I left the internal light on overnight and, of course, the battery died :o . I recharged it with a battery charger and put it back in but the alarm/immobiliser won't respond. It's got a key fob which operates it. It deactivates the alarm and unlocks the c/l when pressed, you then have about 5 seconds to turn the key to the on position before the immobiliser will reset and you'd have to press the key fob again to deactivate that. I can unlock the doors with the key but the immobiliser is still on. There's a indicator light just above the ignition that's red - it's green when you can start it.

I presume the battery replacement is the cause but don't know how to rectify - please help :)

Comments

Advertisement