Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Automatic or manual?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Manual. You should be in full control

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Automatics are brilliant when all you want to do is get somewhere with as little effort as possible. if you need to overtake something or stay in a particular gear, use the lock out or tiptronic function - simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I've been driving my 2.5TD Auto for the past few weeks (mostly City driving)
    Took me a while to get used to it, but I honestly don't think I'll ever go back to a manual.

Apart from the obvious advantages of not having to change gear every two seconds (and hold that clutch in in traffic), you don't have to use the handbrake either as the car will hold itself on hills.

Bendy country roads can be a pain, but use the Hold button to keep the tranny from changing up and it's fine.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Advertisement