Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watered-down pints in GPO?

Options
  • 18-03-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

Had some pints of Fosters last night in GPO and they seemed really watered down. (watered-down to exploit the St Patrick drunkards?)

Also, i was short-changed by the barman but made sure i confronted him to get the rest of my money. (an evening of slight-of-hand to exploit the St Patrick drunkards?)

Mmmmmm. I dont know what to think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

GPO **** are always watered down :S That's why I prefer Cuba ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

Demeant0r wrote:
    GPO **** are always watered down :S That's why I prefer Cuba ;)

True. But I'd say most clubs are guilty of this....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most of the bad stories I hear about clubs in Galway, spiking, fights, short-changing etc are about GPO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How do you water down Fosters exactly?

Next you'll be asking other impossibilities, like how to get drunk on Budweiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id have to agree with shabby, how do you water down draught pints?

But I also agree that the GPO is a hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

waqs thinking the same meself, maybe the spirits but how do you water down a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I heard they dilute the kegs before they connect them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

How do they do that exactly though? Suppose, nothings impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have seen a funnel device that fits onto a keg so you can put liquids into it. Its fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I really cant belive people think that publicans would even bother with this? It makes no sense, They would have to use up some of the beer and disconnect it and then use a high pressure pump to insert the "water", the time and effort this would take make it pointless. They make enough money from the beer anyway. Do you even know how a keg and tap system work in most bars?

s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

completly off topic but i typed how do you water down a keg and got this as one of the results

http://www.wiskit.com/marilyn/battleship.html

whats your opinions?

Advertisement