Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glazed donuts

• 18-03-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

hey

ive lived in america for a few years and i really miss those glazed donuts

in walmart i used to get thos long boxes of sugary goodness

does any one know if there available anywhere in ireland

you know the plain ring donuts, with like a melted overcoat of kind of sugar or icing, not the white icing, i think its just sugar melted over the donut

anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Well they're Canadian, but you can get Tim Horton's donuts in a few Spars (could actually be Mace, all the same to me!) around Dublin. I've seen them in the one all the way down the end of the IFSC near the NCI, and in the Spar/ convenience store at the Luas stop at the Jervis Centre.

You can buy them seperately or in multi-packs I think. And if you know anyone going to London, get them to pick you up some Krispy Kremes *drool*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

thanks for reply, pitty i dont live in dublin:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Some tescos also have the Tim Horton's donuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw them in tescos a few times, I think it was tescos own brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

are these not the same as the ones you can pick up in 9/11 in the petrol stations and in some of the Statoils?

mmmmmm, donuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

Tesco doesn't own the Tim Horton's brand. Although it's a Canadian company named after a hockey legend, it is parent company is Wendy's. The reason you're finding T.H in Ireland is because they share a common supplier as Mace and Tesco. It's an Irish company, not sure of the name, that sells Tim Horton's frozen dough. Still haven't figured out why a company in North America needs to import frozen dough...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

When I was in Toronto last summer there was Tim Horton's everywhere. Drive-thru for coffee seems a bit extreme, but the donuts were pretty good. Still the donuts you get from the 911 deli's in those esso "on the run" branches are just as nice. Anyone remember when there was a dunkin donuts on grafton street. I think its a best mens wear now. Ah the sweet sweet frosted memories :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

TH's donuts are being maufactured now in Ireland. I believe the parbaked dough is being made in Tallaght on a trial for the Irish and UK markets.

IAWS has a joint venture with Wendys, same as the Cuisine de France guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I had these back in january and tbh I didnt see wat was so special about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea new tim hortons in castlebar, the glazed donuts are a bit smaller than usual, but they have the small ball donuts like in dunkin donuts in america, i think 20 for 4 euro or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement