Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair!

• 18-03-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Having a bit of a hair issue at the moment.. Have been blonde now for a while, and am thinking of going brunnette. No roots, less maintenance, healthier, apparently brown is the new blonde, bla bla bla. Just a bit scared, big change...had dark hair a lil while back which people said looked great, just too used to the blonde though..just wondering what you guys thought. What do ya prefer Blondes or Brunnettes???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Not a guy......, but was always a blonde and went brunette before christmas.
    mixed reactions,alot of guys liked it, apart from one i think.so i say go for it, u can always change back.
    i think its nice for the winter/spring. planning on putting some blonde back in for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

yeah a lot of my (mostly girl ) mates think blonde suits me but they haven't realy seen me with brown...any guy mates i have seem to prefer brunnettes...but i am NOT doing this for a guy...that's what i tell myself anyway, just think its maybe time for a change, drastic though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think going blonde from dark is more dramatic than going dark from blonde. Try it out - it's only hair!

yeah thinking i'll prob go for it, need a drastic change, time for something new i think!!! Oh and in first post by guys i meant everyone, people in general, not just like lads!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Go for it!
    I went from blonde to brown last year and i loved it. i looked so different and got lots of compliments, some preferred me blonde but loads liked the brown. I went the whole hog and got a totally different funky hair cut too.

It was fun being a brunette but i missed being blonde so went back to being a blondey! although ive been thinking about doing it again.... just need a bit of courage... :p

Oh and if you do take the plunge, you might notice that your make up looks different and may change what colour eyeshadows/tone of blusher you wear. an excuse to buy more make up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You should try one of those websites where you upload your photo and then you can try different hairstyles and colours. Might give you some idea.
    I can't remember the address of the one I was on before though.

Change is good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I used to be blonde when I was about 3 years old and I'm a brunette now;)

As a guy I think I prefer the natural tone, most blondes with big dark eyebrows just look stupid, others can pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I made the same change a few months back, I used to be very blond and went back to a brown shade. I say go for it, you know you can always go back to blonde, sure gradually go back to the brown colour, dont go v drastic or you ll look washed out.. oh and dont forget to change the old foundation and eye shadow colours if ness ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

i also made the change, went back to my natural colour first and have just gotten darker since, my hairs in much better condition and I'm saving a fortune! i do miss the "blonde lifestyle" a bit but don't think i'll ever go back. (serious being blonde really does make a difference to peoples attitudes to you) If you just make sure that you stick to tones that suit you you'll be fine. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

yeah was thinking bout health/cost too..worked it out and i spend over 1000euro a year just getting colour done, kinda ****.least dark i can through a semi permanent home dye in to keep t healthy.. sad that i have so many pros when it comes to going brown and the only thing wrong with it is that its not blonde!!! i've become addicted!!! Just need courage is right!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 khyland

Am in the process of trying to go gradually to brunette, but the hairdressers seem to put in the bleach blonde hightlights regardless of instructions! Reckon there is some effort to keep the business :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

my friend has naturaly dark brown hair,and has been getting blond highlights in regularly (every two months) for the last couple of years..seems high maintenance
    i myself have only had red or plum higlights, recently dyed my hair black (red tint),and prefer my hair darker,even tho its not that drastic..
    ive known girls who went back to their natural dark colour,and it looked great on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

What about trying a wash out dye just to give you an idea of what it looks like and if you hate it, it won't be that hard to go back blonde, you'll just have patchy hair for a day or two. don't use a 24 wash one, they just don't wash out but I'd say one of the ones that just last one wash would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

if you are worried take it gradually my mate did that and it was great. she was blonde so she got some low lights, then went an auburn kind of colour and then went to brown. Shes now chocolate brown and it really suits her! its not such a big change at once then

nah i wanna go real drastic if i am doing it...not telling anyone just gonna arrive out some night with different hair, thinking of putting a few extensions in too, just to change it completely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

sounds good elle!

a drastic change can be really exciting! go for it girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I was blonde - went brunette a few months ago but ive gone back to blonde, just not as bright as before. I missed it too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

What's the best way to go blonde- to keep getting highlights done, or just get the whole lot done at once? Which looks more natural?

yeah leanne thats prob the biggest thing putting me off going brunnette... loved it last time i had it but missed blonde, think the only reason i'm staying blonde now is coz i'm like addicted or something..have to admit though not have the "skanky unhealthy i'm too poor to get my roots done" look is very very tempting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I know a good few girls who went from blonde 2 brunette nd it really suited them so if u think it wud i'd say go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Nala wrote:
    What's the best way to go blonde- to keep getting highlights done, or just get the whole lot done at once? Which looks more natural?

It depends on how dark you hair is and how dark your eyebrows are, too. I have jet black hair and eyebrows so going completely blonde isn't so much of an option for me. I got caramel highlights instead and told the hairdresser to give me lots. It's a big enough change but still looks natural. And it's not as much upkeep as going all the way blonde and having to deal with roots every few weeks. With highlights the roots aren't as noticeable.

Advertisement