Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 18-03-2006 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

As a regular poster on other forums, but not here first let me say what a pleasure it is to be a "virgin" poster again!!!

Now down to business, I am looking at getting my first car, and am looking for advice on getting insurance. wheres cheap and where's good? I don't mind not going for the cheapest quote more for the best value for money. So good people of boards, what has your experiences been, who would you recommend and who would you ditch?

Also has anyone got any opinions on whats a good car? I'm not big into cars and I won't be using it too much- maybe once or twice a week, but there may be the occisional long trip every few weeks? Looks wise, I don't want a modded car, but I'd prefere something that looks decent and not like it's held together with sellotape, as for the engine I'm only looking around a 1 ltr (to keep the insurance down) as for money i don't plan to spend anythign over 2000.

Any aadvice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Quotes vary a lot depending on your circumstances. Get the golden pages and ring every broken in there, aswell as online places.

Insurance is cheaper for different people different places, so no pointing in asking us where to get a cheap quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i would defo call hibernian directly. i used them for the 1st time and have been using them for 3 yrs and have had no problem. i just waiting to build up my no claims bonus or wait till 25 then check around and then hopefully get a better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sorry to hijack this thread, Is it possible to obtain a ncb cert mid year from the insurnace comp? Or do I have to wait till the policy is up for renewal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oli_ro

For the previous period(excluding the inusrance year in due course) you can request it any time, I would think.

for the current insurance year to be included I think you would have to wait until renewal.

So basically you can't take advantage of a cheaper option till the renewal date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bond-007 wrote:
    So basically you can't take advantage of a cheaper option till the renewal date?

Not really.. Think of it this way..

You're 6 months through a policy and you ask for a cert of your 1 years NCB. They sent you out the 1 year NCB cert, and you crash and claim a week later.... Doesn't make sense

Would it be possible for me to change to the cheaper option or should I be waiting for the renewal date. I paid by monthly DD as it happens. I has 5 years+ ncb.

Advertisement