Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Snacks/Sweets

Options
  • 18-03-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

What do you all fill your wee little faces with whilst attempting to justify your presence in the UCD Library?

I'm on a jelly sweet trip at the moment...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

My old exam favourites are Starbursts/Opal Fruits (i don't dsicriminate) and Fruit Pastilles (the original ones). They give the old sugar burst and aren't too loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Off sweets and chocolate for lent but usually those black and white minty sweets down in the SU shop for me!

Alternatively Minstrels or from time to time, a Double Decker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

them flapjack things in the science shop, i'm addicted to the yogurt ones

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the sour skittles. I tried them whilst in UCD and liked them alot.

On a completely unrelated manner, I wonder why I have this toothache?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i salute this topic!

*salute*

but unfortunately as tis lent i cannot eat sweets but merely talk about my favourites:

[1] Happy Hippos - are these not the greatest thing ever! its a soft crispy hippo shaped piece of joy from Kinder!
    [2] Haribo - i amnt picky when it comes to Haribo, cola bottles, tangfastics, starmix - i swing all ways.
    [3] Kinder Bueno - yum!!
    [4] Galaxy Caramel - for when you feel that bit more classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Anything jelly based gives me a headache for some reason, so I stick to chocolate, or popcorn.

I really hate people glaring at you for making noise while snacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Starburst Joosters are my usual study chow, or when I'm at home it's raisins. This semester will be the first time in my life I've studied without coke... so I'm also drinking lots of mineral water while studying.

This semester will be the first time in my life I've studied without coke... so I'm also drinking lots of mineral water while studying.

That's good to hear. Drugs are bad, mmmkay? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Food is for wimps.

Starvation is the key to Summer Exam success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can't eat while studying (easy knowing I never study, eh?). Water. Maybe Diet Coke. Or the big bottles of Pepsi Max, if I'm truly verging on skint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Chocalate milk.. injected into my veins...mmmmm

Scraggs wrote:
    Chocalate milk.. injected into my veins...mmmmm

I avoid that like the plague now. Bought a bottle there a few weeks back and it ended up bursting in my bag. Next thing I know there's brown stuff all over my books. It looked like my dog had taken a crap in the bag.

Luckily the library books escaped unharmed.:o

I understand MNG.. the cartons are designed really badly, I've had many an occasion where i've opened the fridge and its totally covered in chocmilk because of the way the lids dont close properly. Its very upsetting. Usually the little cartons dont last long enough to be put into my bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Munchies
    Minstrels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Murray mints and ballygowan water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

panda100 wrote:
    Murray mints and ballygowan water
    Will only Ballygowan do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ballygowan water is Limerick water after all. ;)

(Just joshing Panda, I'm a Tipperary water gal myself, and for good reason! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm addicted to the go ahead yoghurt bars from the vending machines under the library ....... sooooooooooooo tasty.

Also hungry hippos - divine brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I can't touch anything with lots of suger in it if I want to be able to concentrate for more that three seconds at a time. I like orange or grapefruit juice and of course coffee. I like crisps but don't like being the noisy git eating crisps in the library. Oh and I need my morning dougnnut to get me going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Any Galaxy product, Refreshes and gallons of Pepsi and Pepsi Max. Thank god for those big bottles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Umaro wrote:
    i salute this topic!

*salute*

but unfortunately as tis lent i cannot eat sweets but merely talk about my favourites:

[1] Happy Hippos - are these not the greatest thing ever! its a soft crispy hippo shaped piece of joy from Kinder!
    [2] Haribo - i amnt picky when it comes to Haribo, cola bottles, tangfastics, starmix - i swing all ways.
    [3] Kinder Bueno - yum!!
    [4] Galaxy Caramel - for when you feel that bit more classy.

You are my snack idol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Any Galaxy product

Galaxy minstrels... yuummmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm addicted to the go ahead yoghurt bars from the vending machines under the library ....... sooooooooooooo tasty.

Also hungry hippos - divine brilliance.
    After I read that I decided I had to go and try one...and I did...and they are so good that now I'm addicted to yet more sweet stuff...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blondie83 wrote:
    After I read that I decided I had to go and try one...and I did...and they are so good that now I'm addicted to yet more sweet stuff...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm eating one right now! and drinking pineapple juice for some strange reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

If you're studying, actually, bananas are the best - something to do with potassium ("brain food").

This nugget of information brought to you by Gav's housemate last year, who got 580 points by eating nothing but bananas while studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i'm miles from the nearest happy hippo.. but i need one... NEED HAPPY HIPPO

Pints of Bacardi and Coke.

Yes, I am hammered right now, aren't you all very impressed with my spelling and coherence?

PINTS of bacardi... hardcore... I salute you Seb

Scraggs wrote:
    PINTS of bacardi... hardcore... I salute you Seb
    I couldn't find any limes so that I could make em Cuba Libres...
    Cheers

/downs pint

/falls over

• Advertisement

I'd feel ill if I passed by a bottle of barcadi ...so revolting...

anyway OT sour wine gums keep me entertained in the library .. I reward myself with one everytime i get through a page or so.

Advertisement