Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Snacks/Sweets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

If you're studying, actually, bananas are the best - something to do with potassium ("brain food").

This nugget of information brought to you by Gav's housemate last year, who got 580 points by eating nothing but bananas while studying.

I'm thinking 10% passive banana eating, 90% active study was probably what clinched it...the leaving cert is all learn and reguritate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

I'm trying to stay off crap for lent so it's mostly popcorn, tracker bars and water at the moment. but it's usually salt and vinegar walkers and turkish delight. When is Easter??? I hope it's soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Another vote for bananas here. The potassium thing is true, def a brain food. I bring 2 in with me everyday.

(Wallet, phone, keys, ipod, bananas: check. I'm good to go!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

SebtheBum wrote:
    Pints of Bacardi and Coke.

Yes, I am hammered right now, aren't you all very impressed with my spelling and coherence?

That's counter-revolutionary rum, Comrade :( I think you need a spell in the re-education room... and COKE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    That's counter-revolutionary rum, Comrade :( I think you need a spell in the re-education room... and COKE!!!!!
    Ok, point taken (altho I was already aware of it, I just figured I could ignore the political aspects of snacks and booze for the time being)...

So what would you suggest?

Vodka and Pepsi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Vodka with cranberry and raspberry juice is delish. Although very easy to drink by the pint, and makes you exceedingly drunk.

Havana Club... neat!!

boneless wrote:
    Havana Club... neat!!
    Is that a white rum or dark rum?

If white, then fair enuff - show me where I can acquire some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Another happy hippo addict right here... :D

I also thank God for the fact that the SU Library shop has recently installed a proper coffee machine... the proper ground stuff and only €1 for a big cup... bliss! ;)

SebtheBum wrote:
    Is that a white rum or dark rum?

If white, then fair enuff - show me where I can acquire some!

White or Gold... I have a bottle of 12 year old gold here.... wanna play Commandantes with me????

• Advertisement

boneless wrote:
    White or Gold... I have a bottle of 12 year old gold here.... wanna play Commandantes with me????
    Sí, mi Commandante.

Hasta la intoxicato Siempre!

Your still Mammy Commandante, right!!!

boneless wrote:
    Your still Mammy Commandante, right!!!
    I'm whatever you want me to be...

...big boy.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

blondie83 wrote:
    After I read that I decided I had to go and try one...and I did...and they are so good that now I'm addicted to yet more sweet stuff...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gone home for a week - i'm going to have withrawl symptoms........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Most major supermarkets have them!! All is good stepherunie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

those dairy milk bars are 2 for €1 in the SU shops at the moment...so if you see someone in the library this week with 5 or so caramello bars on his desk, that'll be me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Caramellos and Mint Crisps. *drools* *electrocutes self* *drools more*

Scraggs wrote:
    Most major supermarkets have them!! All is good stepherunie...

Can't get them down here - my family are also addicted and all you can get is the horrible blueberry flavour ones.....

I think i'm going to be living on hungry hippos for the week

Yesterday I ate my way through a Happy Hippo, a chocolate yoghurt, 2 bags of popcorn, a Rice Crispie Square, a big bag of Haribo, a huge dinner in the restaurant, and washed it all down with 2 bottles of water and copious amounts of tea. I love studying. It's the one time, apart from Christmas that I get to eat like a pig and not feel guilty. Although the actual study part kinda sucks...

Larien wrote:
    Although the actual study part kinda sucks...
    lol...

So all that comfort eating didn't improve your diligence then?

• Advertisement

I feel it sometimes improves your study ethic, it depends on your mood. I find the carrot and stick method works well, i.e. i can eat the head of the hungry hippo if i finish this lecture - only problem is i eat all of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

After all the talk of bananas being brain food, for my study break last night I decided to have a banana with my coffee and let me tell you banana and coffee do not go well together!

SebtheBum wrote:
    lol...

So all that comfort eating didn't improve your diligence then?

It wasn't comfort eating. it was brain food! there's a difference. and no, it didn't!

humbert wrote:
    After all the talk of bananas being brain food, for my study break last night I decided to have a banana with my coffee and let me tell you banana and coffee do not go well together!
    Mmmmm... Banoffee...:D

Advertisement