Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 Toyota Celica 190

Options
  • 18-03-2006 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up my 2001 Celcia 190 yesterday n the UK. only 38k on the clock. Flew in to London, drove it to fishguard and brought it home on the Ferry. I had a regular Celica 140 and it doesn't even compare to the 190 version. The lift at 6000 revs is something else... here are a few pics!
    18iz.jpg
    28pt.jpg
    35mz.jpg
    46is1.jpg
    56af.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

very very nice *jealousy*

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nice car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

very nice and clean and looks beautiful.do you mind me asking how much it would cost inc vrt etc in yoyos.
    thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

looks lovely what is the 0-60 on that baby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Someday.......:rolleyes: Best of luck with it Steve. Its a stunner !

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

just found the answer to the question i asked

http://www.celicas.co.uk/Specs.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Tis nice. I'll be importing from the UK soon aswell. One question, who were you insured with when driving back home through the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ye she's a beauty, very clean! got her for £12,245 (£8,500) and VRT is €4,698 and total travel costs were €365, so total is €17,308 so I'm more than happy with that! For insurance I just used my own and transfered to the uk reg temporarily until the VRT is sorted next week. 0 - 60 in 7.3 sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I was lucky enough to drive one of those animals.What a car.Love it when driving in 3rd gear when the turbo really kicks in at 6000 revs.Still a good lucker for a car of its age.Fuel economy is quiet reasonable also

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Well,it isn't turbocharged :)
    What you have felt was the variable valve timing ;)

• Advertisement

ye there's no turbo, but it's just as good in my opinion, the lift is great.

Top Gear said "If you can afford it, the mentalist 190 has a power band like a razor"

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

I can see on the first picture,that your was hungry...it's just about to swallow your cat :D

haha :D . The cat would be gone in 1 bite.

Advertisement