Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good gp in ranelagh area?

Options
  • 18-03-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

hope this is the right forum, seemed more relevant than after hours anyway. so im moving into ranelagh in a couple of wks (from the northside so dont know much about the area) and was wondering if somebody could recommend a good gp (pref female, but a nice male is fine either ;)) in the area as i don't have a clue tbh. also are you meant to just present yourself when sick or go along first and register/see if they'll take you on as a patient? thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

There's a walk-in clinic on Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines which I found good. There's two doctors, both male, and costs EUR50 (cash) a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Welcome to the area :)

Theres a GP called Dr Clements (male) just on the corner opposite marios - big white house. Hes an old school family gp who errs on the side of slightly homeopathic medicine. hes quite good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just off Belgrave Sq, oppposite the converted church is the Belgrave Clinic. Two main doctors one male, one female. Only met the male one so far, he's really nice. Costs €50 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Just off Belgrave Sq, oppposite the converted church is the Belgrave Clinic. Two main doctors one male, one female. Only met the male one so far, he's really nice. Costs €50 a go.

Thanks for that. Used them today and found the doctor to be really really nice! Only the receptionist is exceptionally grumpy....but hey, can't have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 4eyes

Across the road from Sandford 2ndary school (just past McSorleys pub in the direction of Clonskeagh) there's a new clinic with 2 good GPs. They been based in the area for years though and their surgery was previously across the road. I used to go to them and found them good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Dr Niall Joyce ftw - just behind Mountpleasant Square, on Upr Mountplleasant Ave... Grumpy fecker but brill doc - I know of a case where his was the only correct diagnosis in a life-or-death scenario; fortunately all worked out ok :)

Advertisement