Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowboys : Insane or Genius?

• 18-03-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Owens joins Cowboys, signs three-year deal

Terrell Owens has gone from stomping on the Dallas Cowboys' star logo to wearing it on his helmet.

The reviled receiver joined the Cowboys, signing a contract to play for Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells in what promises to be an interesting combination of strong personalities.

There's no questioning his talent -- Owens has consistently put up numbers the Cowboys have lacked since Michael Irvin was in the prime of his career a decade ago.

It's his attitude that prompted the San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles to get rid of Owens. His relationship with the Eagles soured only months after he led them to the Super Bowl, finally ending with his release March 14.

Details of his contract weren't immediately available, but it was likely to include behavior-related provisions. His blowup with Philadelphia last season even led to new rules regarding punishment being written into the NFL's latest collective-bargaining agreement.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

It was only a matter of time before a team took the big risk ofsigning T.O. I think that 1: the cowboys will be able to handle him because Parcells has seen it all with Lawrence Taylor at the giants and 2: T.O is on his last chance and he won't ruin it this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

TO is a brilliant player, but he consistently destroys teams, maybe thats a bit strong, he disrupts teams!!!

and he will do it again, he's too old to change now and too set in his ways!

I hope im wrong and that he has a great few years (without too much incident) with the cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I can't believe T.O. Has this guy any fookin cop on at all??

From allhiphop.com

NFL All-Pro receiver Terrell Owens recently tried a hand at rapping by recording a diss track aimed at his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles.

In a lengthy rap posted on his Web site (www.terrellowens.com), the newly acquired Dallas Cowboy openly taunts the Eagles about earning a guaranteed $10 million this season from Dallas.

"When it comes to this game I'm the best in the field/Some said I was gonna sign just a one year deal/But I got what I wanted up front, 10 mil/Changed the rules of the game so now how you feel?"

Owens also takes shots at the Eagles management: "I got a brand new team/I am a Cowboy now/No more black and green/To the haters that said I'm not going to get my money/I'm laughing in your face ha ha that's funny," he raps.

Owens is looking forward to a stellar season with the Cowboys as he raps: "And this will probably be my best season by far, no more getting my Eagle on, you can meet me at the stars."

Advertisement