Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company didn't deliver

Options
  • 18-03-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I ordered 12 leather chairs from an Irish mail order company. They are a well known company, probably the biggest in Ireland. The chairs were for use by customers in a new business I was planning to open next weekend. I paid in advance by credit card.

The company only delivered 4 of the items to my premises. They said nothing about this to the person who received the delilvery, or to myself, who's telephone number they have.

The vendor has alreday received payment and say they are unable to deliver the remaining 8 chairs for another 6 weeks. The didn't offer any solution other than for me to wait.

This has seriously inconvenienced my plans. It is a stressfull enough time as it is, financially risky and this is all I need.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just contact your credit card company and try get refund, also talk to manager in the company you got the chaors from and try and find out if you can get other chaors which they might have in stock.donot panic, everything should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Didn't know a refund would be on the cards, will try that. The place has to look the nuts really, different seating won't do. Other seating they have is more expensive than the stuff I paid for and won't do for this reason also. Crap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

complain your arse off. then demand a refund if all else fails.

if its the company I think it is (they invaded ireland on ships from norway :confused: ) then they'll hop skip and jump, or should do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Insist on speaking to Managing Director. You probably won't get to him/her, but get to the highest level you can. Tell them you are incredibly disappointed, as the product was ideal for you. Lie (they did it to you) and say you have another premises opening very shortly and you wanted 96 of these chairs plus tables. But, that if they can't guarantee delivery and service you will go elsewere, as you have other supplers who can.

I have a shop myself and I'd do anything to keep your business, but maybe these guys are too big. Worth a shot though....

Advertisement