Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google-analytics.com

Options
  • 18-03-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭

When I load a page, why am I downloading data from www.google-analytics.com (and star-adserver)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Stats code and advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

it slows it down loads, but this isnt the only site i get it with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They're watching us you know! Those sites are a pain as they can cause a loading page to 'hang' for minutes. No doubt there use will be justified by the star chamber.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

adblock *google-analytics*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

djmarkus wrote:
    adblock *google-analytics*

DeV don't like hearing the words adblock. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'll adblock google analytics; and to make up for the stats that will block, I'll PM the admins every day and detail my actions on boards.ie... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Sparky-s wrote:
    DeV don't like hearing the words adblock. :)
    Well in fairness if it wasnt slowing boards down to a crawl it wouldnt be adblocked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

hosts file ftw

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're taking the ad hosting inhouse again, so this shouldnt be a problem for much longer.

DeV

• Advertisement
Advertisement