Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piezo or electrochromic glass?

Options
  • 19-03-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea of the cost of this stuff?
    For those who don't know, it's glass which changes shade. Or goes opaque when a current is passed through it.
    I'm pretty sure the Prius has some but I'm looking for it for a domestic window.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Contact Carey Glass in Co.Tipp, or WMG in Co.Cork. One of those companies may be able to price/supply it or maybe point you in the correct direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

thanks propsect, I'll give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

hi,

You could also try Smart Glass. I was looking to get a piece but the minimum size the do is 300x300mm, unfortunately my op is only about 85mm wide. i don't have their details but just google them and you'll get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

How expensive is this glass folks???? I guess something this different is pretty expensive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement