Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boards.ie Motor Section Meet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

drdre wrote:
    would you need special insurance for trackday event.

I don't think you can get any kind of insurance for these events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

ando wrote:
    I don't think you can get any kind of insurance for these events

So if you destroy your car you're out of luck?

I'll pass on the track. But i'm up for a meet up in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yay ! Make it a meet up in the park, If its a track day I can't go... I ain't walking/getting train to mondello :P Leave the track day to the holliers :rolleyes:

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

For a trackday at Mondello you'll need third party public liability insurance... Think it needs to cover up to €10 million in damages. Its what I was told when I went to arrange it. Just meet up somewhere and kick tyres...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Cool !! I'll polish up my baby !!

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

id be up for it

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

right looks like a day meet in the park i will put up a vote with different dates to see what suits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

TCP - Maybe we could incorporate teh mg-rover meet?

John that is what I was already thinking mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I think a track day at Kirkistrown would be good.

Much cheaper up there.

As for insurance for track days\racing, it surprises me how many people look for it. Anyway, if you stuff it, you pay. So don't stuff it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

As for insurance for track days\racing, it surprises me how many people look for it. Anyway, if you stuff it, you pay. So dont't stuff it!

Agreed on Kirkistown - the insurance Mondello are after is to cover spectators and the circuit itself - not peoples cars though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i would love to bring the car on the trackday , just for the laugh. i know its only a 1.4 but still it should be fun:D or i can try bting my dads volvo s80 t6 i will just tell him im going to the shop to get milk, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How will you explain away the loss of a wing and the 2 broken headlights? :D

bond :D , i never thought of that.i will be shot if i bring it back in little parts.:D

drdre wrote:
    i would love to bring the car on the trackday , just for the laugh. i know its only a 1.4 but still it should be fun:D or i can try bting my dads volvo s80 t6 i will just tell him im going to the shop to get milk, :D

Bah, wouldnt worry about it, if it happens ill be bringing a 97 1.4 Ibiza with 109K on the clock!

IIRC you can hire the circuit (kirkistown) itself for small money. Half or full day. I think we would need to arrange our own ambulance though (yes really), just in case.

soupercomputer where is kirkistown,i think you are right we will need to have the malta ambulance thingy on standby.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Kirkistown's up in Co. Down on the Ards Penninsula. It's a bit out of the way but it's well worth it up there, the track is fantastic to drive (and race on, I much prefer it to Mondello).

When you're coming from most places down south, your best bet is to get the ferry at Strangford-Portaferry. It cuts off about an hour from the journey.

thanks robo, how long would it take driving from dublin.would you have any website for it,
    thanks

drdre wrote:
    thanks robo, how long would it take driving from dublin.would you have any website for it,
    thanks

kirkistown doesn't have a website as such this is the closest thing to it. Id say its a 2 hour drive from Dublin. I havent driven up there in 5 years though and the roads are much better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'd be up for it as long as its after May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm in - will watch for futher details................

• Registered Users Posts: 18 keithmaw

track day would be great just bought a new motor would love to give it a run

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hotwheels wrote:
    Wot about a track day @ Mondello... :)
    BTCC is on next Month 22nd & 23rd
    if you are thinking of a boards track day (not the open days) then forget about it. I think they are now booked out for 2006 (as is Kirky). in fact the 2006 Kirky calendar was booked out last October.
    Prices for Mondello have also increased to >5K on the national and >8K for the international (prices don't include VAT and are for a 1/2 day).

I have organised another track day for the BMW club in mondello on the afternoon of April 29th if yis want to come and watch!

As for the phoenix park - you would need permission from the NPWS I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

kbannon wrote:

As for the phoenix park - you would need permission from the NPWS I presume.

Wardens dont mind,we've had meets there before and there sound.Once noone act's the maggot they pay no attention

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would still run it by them out of ploiteness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

OK any updates as to the time and venue.

If the Mods are behind this can they just pick the Sunday in which its going to Sunny please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id be up for it also . my suggestion would be drive somewhere stay the night maby go out for a few pints . and head home next day . carlow or simular . i would suggest galway but thats a long way from dublin .

track day sounds good . i wouldnt want to bring mine onto the tract but id love to watch ye do the rounds .

july gets my vote

Anymore news on whats happening, Just a meet or a trackday event

Ok lads how does Sunday 21st May beside the papel cross in the Phoenix Park sound to everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

urg ... well i dont think i can

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement