Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly

Options
  • 19-03-2006 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Firefly, have you heard of it? I have, my room-mates love it, and have reccommended it to me as "The New Lost", as I however; consider 'Prison Break' to be such a thing, I am sceptical,very much so. The Science fiction aspect just puts me off,
    I know that sounds like I am some kind of Mardy Bum, who appreciates Science fiction yet whines at the mere mention of it, this is not the case, so how strong(ly) sci fi is it and how much of a thriller drama is it.

(FTL;"Is it any good?")

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

oh sorry, i searched firefly but didnt look under forums sorry,

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heavily dislike anything sci-fi myself but absolutely love 'Firefly'. Fecking amazing series cut down in it's prime!

Created a thread identical to yours here and after many recommendations, i watched the series and absolutely loved it. Went out, bought myself the DVD and was first in line to see Serenity.

And this is to everyone, if you haven't seen 'Firefly' - watch it NOW!

oh cool Basquille, we really seem to have similar taste in these sort of things, crazy, what did you think of Invasion in the end?

(FTL; Idle banter with Basquille)

..what did you think of Invasion in the end?
    OT: Watched the first episode of 'Invasion' - thought it was very mediocre. Watched the second and thought it was horrible!

Haven't watched since..!

• Advertisement

Ok i will stick with Firefly so, once I finish watching the end of the score, 1st half looked only alright, well under par for an Edward Norton Film.

(FTL; A continuation of idleness)

Quite liked 'The Score' myself - some fantastic twists and turns in the second half so stay tuned!

I like anything with Ed Norton ('The Italian Job' excluded, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What's FTL? That's a faster than light drive to me..

Battelstar Galactica fan myself... which is much better than lost and firefly acually.
    basquille wrote:
    I like anything with Ed Norton ('The Italian Job' excluded, of course)
    Another Death to Smoochy fan? wow!

What's FTL? That's a fast than light drive to me..

Battelstar Galactica fan myself... which is much better than lost and firefly acually.

It's my latest gimmick, at the bottom of every post in brackets i post me "alter-comment ", It is a replica of the above comment yet condensed For The Lazy

(FTL;"Explain that here i post for the lazy""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

. The Science fiction aspect just puts me off,

You and the majority of american viewers, since that's probably the main reason it died the way it did.
    Tie a SciFi tag on to any programme and watch the average viewer scramble wildly for the remote, before they can be turned into spotty, social retards who wear bifocal glasses. It's why you don't see scifi on TV3 and only in the very wee hours on RTÉ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Got the dvd of Firefly after seeing the amazing Serenity. Its a great show,and was cut down in its prime as basquille said.

As for Battlestar Gallactica,I was told it was good so i just bought the 2 hours mini series and season 1,Ill have to get watching! :D hope its good.

And Invasion got better as it went on and it is really interesting at the moment :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

MOD EDIT: Thread moved to Firefly board.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Firefly, have you heard of it? I have, my room-mates love it, and have reccommended it to me as "The New Lost",

I don't think you can compare the two. Firefly is much better than Lost. It's more entertaining and faster paced. Actually I don't think there's any similarity at all. It's like comparing Star Trek and Coronation Street.
    tvnutz wrote:

I agree. Although mainly because Firefly was shot down before it fully reached its potential, whereas BSG was given the time to develop. Had Firefly being given a longer run, I'm sure it would have been just as excellent. "Serenity" was a good sign of how things could have gone, damn fine film that it was. In fact I enjoyed the fifteen episodes of Firefly more than I enjoyed the first 15 episodes of Farscape and damn I loved Farscape.

As for Lost, well it had all the time in the world and it made a mess of things.

Advertisement