Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Sci Fi is it - Firefly

• 19-03-2006 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Firefly, have you heard of it? I have, my room-mates love it, and have reccommended it to me as "The New Lost", as I however; consider 'Prison Break' to be such a thing, I am sceptical,very much so. The Science fiction aspect just puts me off,
    I know that sounds like I am some kind of Mardy Bum, who appreciates Science fiction yet whines at the mere mention of it, this is not the case, so how strong(ly) sci fi is it and how much of a thriller drama is it.

(FTL; "Is it uber sci-fi-ific")

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not at all!

Once again to re-iterate what i said in your thread in the TV forum - see the response i got when i asked the same thing here!

You will not be disappointed.. and if you are, i'll double your money back! *

* Terms and conditions (and the fact that i'm a compulsive liar) applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

hmm.. I guess it's slightly more science fiction (I hate the term sci-fi) than Star Wars anyway, but not much.

The elements involving River's abilities and her reading of government ministers knowledge is the only thing that pushes it into the realms of science fiction for me... otherwise it's just a pure space opera retelling of historical situations on earth.

But it's a very enjoyable series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

It has no aliens or computers and they all use old fashioned revolvers. Don't be worried about technobabble.

It's more like a western than a science fiction. It's just set in space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's probably one of the least science-fiction type shows out there. And calling it the "new Lost" is just disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Just so people know I am locking this thread due to there being the other one passed over from the TV forum. This will just make it easier for people to know what thread to post in.

I hope you enjoy the show KrankStricher. If you have any questions or comments dont be scared to ask/say them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement