Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternative rubbish collectors in tramore

• 19-03-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

seeing that waterford coco are going to be demanding their annual charge, i'm looking at options for rubbish/recycle collection-don't need it very frequent even
    once a month is enough-out of principle i'll be changing (even though thats what the coco probably wants) because its a indiscriminate taxation for a important government role that should be funded fairly through the income tax system and not blanket per household...thats my rant.
    so what are the options in the tramore region

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

rasper wrote:
    seeing that waterford coco are going to be demanding their annual charge, i'm looking at options for rubbish/recycle collection-don't need it very frequent even
    once a month is enough-out of principle i'll be changing (even though thats what the coco probably wants) because its a indiscriminate taxation for a important government role that should be funded fairly through the income tax system and not blanket per household...thats my rant.
    so what are the options in the tramore region

We're in the same boat. I left out recycling bags this morning, and they were left behind. I challenged the binman as to why he was leaving them and he started going on about some "year sticker" to prove you've paid your flat rate gouging. Now, this is the first I've ever heard about this sticker. I have had NOTHING in the post from the council regarding payment of these charges, apparently I'm supposed to know by telepathy or something that I had to go up to Tankfield (taking time off of course since they're closed at lunchtime and weekends), €150 in hand. This is the second time since Christmas I've been shafted by them. They neglected to inform me they were moving to a 3 week rotating collection system. Who the hell is going to fill a brown bin every 3 weeks in the middle of winter? That's an awful lot of turkey bones!

I also like the fact that a bunch of county councillers AND I believe the self same county manager that decided we were so broke we all had to stump up this charge found enough change in the piggy bank to take themselves off to New York for St Patricks day. Muppets.

Anyway enough of the rant, and to answer your question. Rainbow Refuse collect in Tramore. I've just called them (051 871692), and they charge i think €20 per month for a small bin, €40 I think for a large, and €2.20 for a recycling bag, which may work out cheaper than the Co. council gouging. They're collected every second week. I've asked them to send me out some info, so I'll post back when I get it.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

sound John,

still aint got any demands for "protection money" from the coco, however recyling bags alongside with conservative law abiding neighbours were left sitting last week, but thats fairly standard so usual quality service..would love to know who has paid this premium and if the are getting the royal treatment

Advertisement