Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral

Options
  • 19-03-2006 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭

Are you bringing a document into the exam? and if so what are you going to bring?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

non, parce que je suis trop lazy (parraseux?) et jai oublie to prepare one et it seems like too much effort for a lazy lass like me..

some people in the class did though, a page of photographs was the most common thing

have you got the date for your oral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah, Im bringing in a photo as document, but Im not really bothered if I accidently forget it on the day of the oral.

We havent got a date for our oral yet, we just know its on the week of the 27th.

yeah same as for me.

my music practical is on monday 27th.. 8 days.. GAH! madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not bothering with a document, and no date yet...=/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

What's easy to do is just a good aul family photo, that way you'll get a few minutes talking about them which I'm sure everyone learns off anyway (or at least they should)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I haven't prepared my document yet but I'm definately doing one! You are guaranteed to be asked about something that you have properly prepared for and you can influence it so that it naturally leads on to something else you have prepared for. It's madness not to do one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah its just stupidity if you dont bring in a document! Your garaunteeing(sp?) yourself at least 5mins of talking about something you know everything about instead of possible being asked about something like emigration problems in your town or some crap like that!
    I'm bringing in a pic of Eminem.

No your not guaranteed 5 minutes of talking, your guaranteed 1 minute of talking on the document but the Examiner can move swiftly on, it could be pot luck you get 5 minutes. And then straight into the deep end..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I aint bringin a document. The only one I wanted to bring was a pic from a concert, but I was told I'd have to prepare some stuff on lighting, stage directions, sound tech etc so I thought **** that.
    One of my friend's friends brought a pic of Freddie Mercury in to the oral last year, and he was asked to comment on Freddie's chest hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Rockerette wrote:
    non, parce que je suis trop lazy (parraseux?) et jai oublie to prepare one et it seems like too much effort for a lazy lass l

For a lazy lass you might be paresseuse or even faineante. :)

Try to do well in the orals car ton ortographe et grammaire laissent a desirer. ;)

• Advertisement

Heinrich wrote:
    For a lazy lass you might be paresseuse or even faineante. :)

Try to do well in the orals car ton ortographe et grammaire laissent a desirer. ;)

i love how i dont understand that :D

coulda been an insult.. compliment.. or neither... ?!!?!!

ahahaha.... yes.. i am doing honours french...

"je suis" doing honours french, plzthxbye

Yeah, I'm so screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh I'm bringing in the old family photo..

OctavarIan wrote:
    I aint bringin a document. The only one I wanted to bring was a pic from a concert, but I was told I'd have to prepare some stuff on lighting, stage directions, sound tech etc so I thought **** that.
    One of my friend's friends brought a pic of Freddie Mercury in to the oral last year, and he was asked to comment on Freddie's chest hair!
    Could have been worse, talk about the global issues of AIDS...

I ended up talking about the possible state of the economy when I graduate in my mock oral...I just said "Si l'economie ne va pas bien quand je diplome a l'université, les occasions d'emploi ne seront pas bien" and changed the topic of conversation as quickly as I could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Funkstard wrote:
    I ended up talking about the possible state of the economy when I graduate in my mock oral...I just said "Si l'economie ne va pas bien quand je diplome a l'université, les occasions d'emploi ne seront pas bien" and changed the topic of conversation as quickly as I could

Ou bien, si l'economie va mal...

les occasions de l'emploi???

alors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

****! French is so hard in the oral. In German its like 5 minutes where you have a general conversation and they wont ask something abstract. Then th elast ten minutes are learned off. We learn picture stories and pick one on the day. All leart off and then you have a rollplay! So structured!

Course. It's german, very prussian and efficient.

Really, that's what the German oral is like!? I've never seen such stress from people as the german heads in my school, and they've all been saying how much worse it is than the french one. I'm going to give them stick tomorrow

Advertisement