Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Pack be Back?

Options
  • 19-03-2006 11:34am

Have followed Green Bay for about 20 years now, but don't have Sky Sports, so just used to keeping up with results and wouldn't be great on the stats and analysis.

But anyone reckon the Packers can turn it around? Will Favre play again? Apart from a new coach, did they pick up any good players? Or is it looking like another era similar to the late 80s is looming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

We have had signed Ryan Pickett (Defensive run stoper) and Marquand Manuel (Secondary out of Seattle) so far on the free agency, we are also currently looking to signing Pats kicker Vinateri, since Longwell jumped ship :p (Pun definitly intended) Favre has said he wants to wait to see how the Pack do in the free agency and the draft. Don't know if he'll wait until the draft though as there is a 3 million dollar roster bouns on April 1st. I don't think Favre will come back if he thinks its going to be a 410 season again, thats why hes waiting. Hope he does, extremly unlucky last season with injuries and what not. We have also resigned Green and Kampman. Although there seems to be some unrest over Driver, looks like he wants out. No more word on that though. Looking forward to next season! Go packers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

I cant see Favre coming back unfortunately, the only reason for someone like him, who has done everything in his Career, to come back is to have a chance of winning something, and the Packers, unfortunately need too many people to even go 8-8 this season.

they need someone new for him to throw to, some decent OL's to protect him and some new D players so they dont have to score 30 points a game to have a chance of winning.

Its a shame to see him go, but its either retire now as a Packers legend, or move somewhere else which i cant see happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Good point i think thats why hes waiting so long on his decision as he wants to see how we do in the free angency. We seriously need an OL line though, last season Favre had less time then he had ever had in the pocket and then not trusting the new receviers made it even worse and then not having a run game made it increasingly harder for any play fakes. We might need more than a year to fix these as Boomer23 mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

ye're offensive line is in bad shape at the mo as well, ye have no recognised starters for either guards position or centre. so looking bad there

Advertisement