Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids coming to our bed

Options
  • 19-03-2006 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

We have 3 girls from 2 1/2 to 5 all at some stage come into our bed, I if able will bring them straight back to their own beds this can go good but sometimes they can go bonkers which then it is better to let them stay as they wake up the whole house with their screaming ,it is getting to the stage where I then go to their bed to get some sleep and even with that the girls whos bed I am in then will sometimes get out of our bed and return to her own and proceed to kick me out of her bed, It is getting to the stage where we have 3 extra in the bed I am tempted to lock our door and pretend I do not hear them scratching at the door,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Try bribery. I had this problem until I promised each of them a jelly dinosaur if they stayed in their bed all night. If they stay in their bed and you only need one to stay in their bed and they get and only they get a jelly dinosaur for breakfast. They then all want a jelly dinosaur and compete. We had it sorted within a week. BREAK THE ROUTINE>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I could be that they are kicking the covers off and are cold have you tried a teddy in wth them or a teddy with a hot water bottle or one of those wheat teddy bears ?
    Put them in with the children when you are going to bed.
    Parents need a good nights rest too and children need boundaries,
    Try a week of letting them yell and scream the house down but be tough with them.
    It will be hard going but think about a whole 7 hours uninterupted sleep you will get most night after the week of hell.

Try reinforcing that their bed is thier very own bed and a wonderfull place when you are putting then down to sleep as part of thier bed time routine.

Advertisement