Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Homer Found

Options
  • 19-03-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Yesterday, whilest fuelling my car at Tesco's, Coolock, I noticed this young pidgeon walking around, unable to fly. I thought that maybe it was just tired, on a 'rest stop', but on closer investigation noticed that it had no tail feathers!! I took it home and fed it, and found a number indicating an IHU 06 registration number 060401 to a S. Lehane, Lorcan Crescent, Santry.

There is no tel available for me to contact this person - does anyone have contact with members of the Irish Homing Union? I can be contacted at tel (01) 8436054 , or online at walterdhall@eircom.net, if someone is able to establish contact with the owner. The bird is well, but will need to grow tail feathers before it casn fly again.

Walter Hall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sorry to say but any of the Pigeon shower I know of tend to ring the Pigeons neck if there is a problem with it, the best thing to do is to feed it and give it a safe place to stay and when its ready it will fly away.

Advertisement