Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Storage for 500+ like this..

• 19-03-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these, either in the flesh or on a european site??

I found the picture on an american website but they cost €350 each including shipping from the states.. and I'll need 2 of them!!

Any help is much appreciated!!

Cheers

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

looks like cd storage to me?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

joeclif wrote:
    looks like cd storage to me?:confused:

it holds 800 cds or 400 dvds.. you can alter the shelf sizes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Yup you dont want duty though but heres another Link the TO-1260 on that page is similar to what you suggested

http://www.allmultimediastorage.com/10Browse.asp?Category=DVD%20Capacity%3A%20Above%20500&ReturnTo=/10Browse.asp?Category=DVD%20Capacity%3A%20Above%20500

Or here much cheaper $80!! it is DVD aswell and ship international.
    http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/101199_revolving-cd-rack-544.htm

Hope this helps
    Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Argos used to sell them years back for CDs
    Infact I've a small one at home but it wouldnt store that many
    you could ge them made easily and you can buy the swivel brackets for the bottom in Peats Parnell street(I used to work there there in the back of the catalogue)

Yup you dont want duty though but heres another Link the TO-1260 on that page is similar to what you suggested

http://www.allmultimediastorage.com/10Browse.asp?Category=DVD%20Capacity%3A%20Above%20500&ReturnTo=/10Browse.asp?Category=DVD%20Capacity%3A%20Above%20500

Or here much cheaper $80!! it is DVD aswell and ship international.
    http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/101199_revolving-cd-rack-544.htm

Hope this helps
    Nick

Stackandstack is where I saw it originally and allmultimediastorage dont deliver internationally!!

I was hoping to get it from a European website but I havent seen it anywhere!!

Cheers anyways!!
    cynos wrote:
    you could ge them made easily and you can buy the swivel brackets for the bottom in Peats Parnell street(I used to work there there in the back of the catalogue)

I'd be afraid of it toppling over!

But worst case scenario I might look into getting it made!!

Thanx..

Anyone else?? I'm surprised IKEA dont make something like this!!

Am I the only person with over 500 dvds?? Where does everyone else store their dvds??

• Advertisement

Is the 2nd link I sent you only $80?? you said youd only seen for $350

Try gettin them made alright.

Im currently getting a coffee table made up cos I cant find one the right size in a certain type of marble. cost me a little bit more but not too much.

Nick

Is the 2nd link I sent you only $80?? you said youd only seen for $350

The one I saw on stacks was $140 but shipping was $210!! So even the $80 would cost me nearly $300!!
    Im currently getting a coffee table made up cos I cant find one the right size in a certain type of marble. cost me a little bit more but not too much.

Nick

You wouldnt happen to be gettin it made on the Northside of Dublin would you?? If you happen to have a contact??

Cheers

Branners

"You wouldnt happen to be gettin it made on the Northside of Dublin would you?? If you happen to have a contact??"

Well the coffee table its being done by a company just outside thrurles they normally do kitchens and bathrooms.
    But the guy said they dont normally do that kind of work but he'd check it out as a one off whenever they can do it, he was dead sound!

I wasnt expecting them to do it but he called me back and was immediatley able to get the travertine, it should be easier in Dublin just get any stonemasoner to order a 2 metre by 620cm and 20cm thick its the same slabs they use for Kitchen supply those measurements! so he said I could only buy the 2 metre slab (cos I was only really looking to get it 1metre in length) so I got the idea to use the second metre and have it made into the base! badda bing job done. If you are really looking for this type of table I can email you the measurements I sent them and the exact type of travertine.

Picture picture hmm how the hell do ya attach a picture? only weblink k hang on heres what it should hopefully look like in the forground there but without the down facing flares.

http://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/Web.Pages/Range.aspx?GroupType=3&CategoryID=90&RangeID=488

Instore in Galway have that same one there in that picture for 379 but its 140cm in length that too long for me unfortunalty hence getting the one made.

That was you on the other post that got the 436XDE fine screen!! Ive been reading reviews on the latest pioneer panels, I had a look at the richer sounds site last night theyve come on alot in the last 3 months or so cos I never noticed those screens on it before. I got some of that 186 strand per core sound cable off em great service. But I havent got anything hooked up yet new house you know yerself (Plasma and coffee table Im guessing you in same boat) ;)

Talk about way off topic ;)

Good luck locating the racks,
    hmm that came out wrong ;)

Nick

Cheers for the reply zt-OctaviaN.. that coffee table is something else.. it looks a ton weight!!

The 436XDE is an absolute beaut, am well chuffed with it!! The first thing I did in my house was paint the sitting room so I could get my plasma mounted!! Its sooo sweet with the Xbox 360!! By the way the Pioneer on Richersounds is the FDE ( well it was!!) but they can get the XDE if you ask them!! You might get a deal cos Pioneer have launched their new range which you can see here, but then again there is a 3 week weight cos everyone wants one of these babies!!

I'm going to look into locating a nice rack this weekend;), dont think the missus will be too impressed though!! haha.. Then again I have over 500 dvds stacked up in the sitting room so I really need to get something sorted!! I might just order off the US site and hope for the best!!

Cheers

Branners

PS In order to insert a web link, highlight a word such as I have done above with the word 'here', then when in the full screen for composing messages you will see an icon above with a globe and what looks like a small paper clip, click that then insert your link.. remember to copy the link before you click the globe so as you can paste it in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Theres a guy online here who'll do it, post up a wanted
    cabinet maker
    and I bet you'll get a few replies

I've about 500 DVDs and mine are on shelves on the walls but they look gack
    but when I move into my apartment next september I'm looking at getting drawers madethat should hold 2 deep and 150 long in each drawer

• Advertisement

Hi cynos..

I reckon I'll have to go down the road of getting them custom made as I cant find any European sites which have anything similar:(

Cheers for the reply

Branners

Advertisement