Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ism Dvd

Options
  • 19-03-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

My sister is doing her driving test tomorrrow.. good luck to her.. anyway she got the Irish school of motoring DVD which walks you through it and in the end the guy goes and does his test so you see the test being done pretty much from start to finish..

Anyway i thought it was an excellent DVD and shows in simple steps how to do the most basic things on the road that a lot of Iris drivers have no concept of doing!

So i got to thinking... we know the way we are driving is heading to crisis point.. the deaths are off the scale and its down to bad driving habbits.

I think the government should make a similar film and make it compulsory for everyone to watch it, lets say for instance they set up viewing rooms around the country (mobile ones in remote areas). And everyone in the country had to watch it or have their licence revoked or maybe have to sit the test again.. it would be a cost effective way if improving most peoples driving skills.. especially roundabouts where it seems to be a free for all and any lane goes....
    Anyway it would be cheaper than making everyone take an advanced driving course though that would be preferable...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

I also have that ISM DVD - it explains everything very well, and the sample test at the end is a great idea for applicants to see what the ACTUAL test day will be like for them. I think they did it in Raheny test centre. I'd recommend it for anyone - it definately helped me out. Diagrams are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Raheny makes sense as im pretty sure the big roundabout was the one up by baldoyle

Advertisement