Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOWN To Enter Studio In September

• 19-03-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

DOWN To Enter Studio In September - Mar. 17, 2006

DOWN — the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) — will begin work on new material shortly after returning home from their European summer tour and are tentatively planning on entering the studio in September to begin recording their third album.

DOWN will play a number of dates in Europe this spring/summer beginning in late May and lasting through June. So far, only one date has been officially announced: Thursday, June 1 at the tenth edition of Gods Of Metal festival at Idroscalo in Milan, Italy. Also appearing on the bill are VENOM, DIMMU BORGIR, OPETH, TESTAMENT, NEVERMORE and SATYRICON, among other acts.

That was on blabbermouth.

Its very good news if its anything like Down II it will be great.

I wonder would they come over here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Good news indeed. It will be interesting to hear what Anselmo is writing about these days.
    Check out their album NOLA, its better than Down II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Excellent, I think Down are far better than Superjoint. Same line-up? Glad that Phil is getting back into music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

castagnoli wrote:
    Good news indeed. It will be interesting to hear what Anselmo is writing about these days.
    Check out their album NOLA, its better than Down II

I have NOLA,i just liked Down II more to my liking,although Stone The Crow is prob my favourite song from both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

II is more of a grower than Nola i think. Nola is just instantly great. Not sure which i prefered. Yeah Down are much better than SJR. Use once was brilliant but A lethal dose wasn't great at all.

Advertisement