Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB, Mast or My Antenna?

• 19-03-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

So my speeds have been pretty bad for the last week or so, and i just put m
    it down to over my mast being over subcribed again.
    Its only today i noticed i'm getting about 10% packet lost, so i ran a test and got these results? what you guys think? The mast or my antenna?

Line test:
    http://www.dslreports.com/quality/nil/2007645

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'd be surprised if it was the antenne, i'd put good money on it being IBB's mast being oversubscribed... again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I'd be surprised if it was the antenne, i'd put good money on it being IBB's mast being oversubscribed... again.

He speaks the truth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Used to be pretty good for me but the network segment I'm on has gone down 3 times since the start of March, it's starting to leave me severely irritated as it's not as if they even have the decency to give a heads up where it's maintanance. 3 days in one month, in other words a 10% chance that it will be down any specific day.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Irish Broadband subscriber in Stillorgan, Co Dublin.

I've given up trying to play internet poker. Too many outs. A very high % of packets lost. The service was ok but it's a steady decline in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

If your speeds are consistantly bad then your roof antenna may be to blame but it may be to early to say.

I was consistanly getting 1k speeds for over 6 weeks, managed to get IBB out and they replaced all my roof kit. I did not that the new kit was a lot differnt than the old which was 15+ months old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Id say that is a rare case aubhall most problems are down to IBB. I wonder what limits there ability to increase their capicty. I think it may be getting licences from Com Reg, but im not sure about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

IBB, Mast or My Antenna?

Very simply: IBB

Advertisement