Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

liverpool wont finish second.

• 19-03-2006 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

i was reading the paper today and was shocked by the claims that fowler and warnock made. fowler cliamed liverpool would catch man united and finish second.i might believe that if there strikers could actually find the net. 6 goals in 47 apperences which is disgraceful for a premiership club in my opinion. warknock than went on to cliam that he wants to make the england world cup squad? he hasnt a hope in hell of getting a place in the squad imo.as for finishing second united have it in the bag rooney and saha are playing well AND SCORING AND RVN IS THE TOP SCORER IN THE LEAGUE. united have seven games left at home that should be 21 points and if chelsea lose to fulham 2day which could happen as it is one nil to fulham at half time the gap would be nine with chelsea to play united and arsenal again down to six points with 5 games left anything could happen. except liverpool finshing second i see liverpool finishing fifth or sixth spurs and blackburn will get the last to places imo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

LOL.

Lock this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

chiller wrote:
    i was reading the paper today and was shocked by the claims that fowler and warnock made. fowler cliamed liverpool would catch man united and finish second.i might believe that if there strikers could actually find the net. 6 goals in 47 apperences which is disgraceful for a premiership club in my opinion. warknock than went on to cliam that he wants to make the england world cup squad? he hasnt a hope in hell of getting a place in the squad imo.as for finishing second united have it in the bag rooney and saha are playing well AND SCORING AND RVN IS THE TOP SCORER IN THE LEAGUE. united have seven games left at home that should be 21 points and if chelsea lose to fulham 2day which could happen as it is one nil to fulham at half time the gap would be nine with chelsea to play united and arsenal again down to six points with 5 games left anything could happen. except liverpool finshing second i see liverpool finishing fifth or sixth spurs and blackburn will get the last to places imo.
    No they haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is obviously a troll, but what the hell - I'll feed you.

Clearly you missed the last two games - 8 goals (okay one an OG). So the goal scoring drought may well be over and its worth noting how Liverpool did not crash down the table during the sticky patch.

6 goals in 47 appearences, what does that refer to? Crouch? Maybe but so what? He's scoring again, Fowler has finaly got a goal that stood (!), the midfielders are always value for hitting the net (Rafa does'nt actuallly rate strikers that highly, its 'team scoring' he's interested in).

Utd have to play Arsenal and Chelsea, hardly bankers for you (assuming you're a Manc). The gap could be down to 2 points and who is to say there is'nt a banana skin in one of the 'easy' games?

Could be all to play for yet.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

mike65 wrote:
    This is obviously a troll..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

To respond to one of the points that you made Chiller, I don't think it is unreasonable for Warnock to be aiming for a WC place. I personally don't rate him at all but England are hardly flushed with options at LB. Cole has been out for ages, Bridge also has injury problems, who else is there?

It wasn't that long ago that Daryl Powell was playing for England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Is Warnock left footed? ie is he natural at LB? Didnt seem too bad today but in poor company in fairness. I notice Rosenior is playing at left back today for Fulham. Is he normally RB? Getting forward quiet a bit and looks the part.

While I do believe United will finish 2nd, there are more graceful ways of getting your message across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The original premise of the op is correct though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

United are guaranteed second place. 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Come on Fowler, I know you're deluded but this is taking it to another level...

If Man Utd don't finnish 2nd they clearly they will only have themselves or the ref to blame! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

besty wrote:
    United are guaranteed second place. 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Come on Fowler, I know you're deluded but this is taking it to another level...
    We still have to play, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Far from guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

chiller wrote:
    7 games left and its over already...gimme a break man.

I was speaking to my BIL about 6 weeks ago when Liverpool were 2pts behind UTD with 2 games in hand and he was saying then Liverpool had 2nd place as they were playing that well he was convinced they'd win the 2 games in hand.
    How quick it has changed..and how quick it could change again.

I agree Warnock has to have the biggest outside chance of making the WC squad...he's just not consistent enough, but he played well today at LM. He's no top defender so we might have found a winger in the squad and Kewell although didn't score today, only because Cisse is a muppet, was causing all sorts of problems in his free role.

Liverpool finishing 5th or 6th.....go back to sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

To respond to one of the points that you made Chiller, I don't think it is unreasonable for Warnock to be aiming for a WC place. I personally don't rate him at all but England are hardly flushed with options at LB. Cole has been out for ages, Bridge also has injury problems, who else is there?

It wasn't that long ago that Daryl Powell was playing for England.

wes brown can play left left back so can carragher i put either of them to in before id even consider warknock and richardson 4 united had a spell at left back did well also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

......................surrrrrrrrrrre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Only one way to find out if Liverpool will finish second or not.

Silly insecure ManU fans.

chiller wrote:
    SORRY DROUGHT IS STIIL ON U PLAYED FULHAM AND A TEN MAN NEWCASTE TEAM WHICH IS NOTHING SPECIAL WHEN YOU'S SCORE AGAINST PROPER OPPOSTION THAN U CAN CLIAM YOUR DROUGHT IS OVER A TEAM LIKE BENFICA MAYBE. IN MY OPINION AT LEAST UNITED MANAGED TO BEAT THEM U LOST 3 NIL THAT IS A DEGRACFUL SCORE LINE ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU'S ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND ALL.

Sorry, using caps is just stupid tbh. :rolleyes:

Before you edited it was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You can take your capslock off you know. I predict a short stay.......

no your 4 strikers have only scored six goals in 47 apperances between them that is fact.

So the 8/9 goals Crouch has scored dont count then? Cisse has scored something like 16

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

liverpool are the 4th best side in england. they'll be flattering themselves if they finish 2nd, never mind 3rd.

smemon wrote:
    liverpool are the 4th best side in england. they'll be flattering themselves if they finish 2nd, never mind 3rd.

The same way Utd aren't the 2nd best team.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mike65 wrote:
    The gap could be down to 2 points and who is to say there is'nt a banana skin in one of the 'easy' games?

Mike.

So I guess you are assuming that Liverpool win WIN all there remaining games are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

AND SCORING AND RVN IS THE TOP SCORER IN THE LEAGUE

I loved how you capitalised that, for extra effect!

But seriously, besides the bluntness of the post, do people believe liverpool are going to catch up with united?

PHB wrote:
    But seriously, besides the bluntness of the post, do people believe liverpool are going to catch up with united?

About the same as people believe Utd are going to catch Chelsea after todays game. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i think everyone knows and doesnt particularly care about your undoubtably unbiased opinion and we all respect your ability to read the league table.

why is this thread still open?

first comes the stupid comments, then come the bannings, then liverpool fans quote liverpools records, unted fans say pool havent won a premier league, blah blah, and its an old arguement.

close the stupid thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

so not much then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

*resists urge to chainsaw liverpool* :D

i just agree with the title of the thread. it sums up my feelings perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I think Liverpool will do well between now and the end of the season. Whether we catch up with Manyoo or not is entirely in Manyoo's hands. That's the long and short of it.

Also I agree this thread is troll-central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

kaimera wrote:
    The same way Utd aren't the 2nd best team.

No who is then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

besty wrote:

Yeah, cos he should be doing interviews saying things like "we havnt a hope of catching utd" and "we'll be lucky not to plummet to relegation". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    No who is then?

Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Sorry whats a troll???

Manu have difficult games left but dont play chelsea till 2nd last game of season

Man U ...............................................Liverpool
    H Birmingham ..................................... H Everton Tricky
    H West Ham (Game in hand).................. A West Brom
    A Bolton ............................................H Bolton
    H Arsenal (Tricky)............................. A Blackburn Tricky
    H Sunderland (game in hand).................A West Ham
    A Tottenham (Tricky)...........................H Aston Villa
    H Middlesbrough................................. A Portsmouth
    A Chelsea (V tricky)............................. max 21pts
    H Charlton

Manu have better goal difference thanks to Manus great strickforce or is it liverpools??!!! if everton snatch a point at anfield nxt week then manu will only need to win all their home games and draw one game away from home.

Fairplay to Liverpool for beating an average newcastle side today but they have to beat the infrom team in the leage next week in a local derby or they will have to worry about keeping 3rd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

mike65 wrote:
    This is obviously a troll, but what the hell - I'll feed you.

Clearly you missed the last two games - 8 goals (okay one an OG). So the goal scoring drought may well be over and its worth noting how Liverpool did not crash down the table during the sticky patch.

6 goals in 47 appearences, what does that refer to? Crouch? Maybe but so what? He's scoring again, Fowler has finaly got a goal that stood (!), the midfielders are always value for hitting the net (Rafa does'nt actuallly rate strikers that highly, its 'team scoring' he's interested in).

Utd have to play Arsenal and Chelsea, hardly bankers for you (assuming you're a Manc). The gap could be down to 2 points and who is to say there is'nt a banana skin in one of the 'easy' games?

Mike.

He's a troll for disagreeing with what was said in the papers about liverpool having a chance of finsihing 2nd :confused:

mike65 wrote:
    So the 8/9 goals Crouch has scored dont count then? Cisse has scored something like 16

Mike.

Liverpool need a whole set of new strikers if they want to compete

he's a troll because the whole thread is basically just to flame liverpool fans and to incite arguements.

el rabitos wrote:
    he's a troll because the whole thread is basically just to flame liverpool fans and to incite arguements.

He read something about liverpool players saying they can finish 2nd, and disagrees with it. I don't think Liverpool have a hope of catching United especially now that its still possible for United to catch Chelsea :D

He read something about liverpool players saying they can finish 2nd, and disagrees with it. I don't think Liverpool have a hope of catching United especially now that its still possible for United to catch Chelsea

thats fine, he dissagrees, so do you. but there are enough games left to allow liverpool to finish second, so obviously starting a thread with "liverpool WONT finish second" with a goofy smile next to it is obviously going to cause an arguement. he's a troll

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

crouch has scored six in the premier league dis season cisse has five gerard is your top scorer. louis saha was out till november and has scored more. boards is about giving your opinion and i wanted to give my opinion on liverpools brutal strikers and the fact there even third is because of there defensive boring play imo. if i couldnt sleep id go to anfield and watch them play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

man utd wont finish second coz they're rubbish...

like that? see i can see the future too - both teams have a chance utd have a trickier run in and liverpool may come back into their earlier season form so lets just wait until the 7th of may until stating "fact".

btw enjoy hoping that the carling cup counts as silverware for the next few years ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

chiller wrote:
    if i couldnt sleep id go to anfield and watch them play.

i suppose hanging on the edge of your seat watching West Brom dominate your midfield is more enjoyable, united fans are in no position to have this kind of arogance...

Call_me_al wrote:
    man utd wont finish second coz they're rubbish...

like that? see i can see the future too - both teams have a chance utd have a trickier run in and liverpool may come back into their earlier season form so lets just wait until the 7th of may until stating "fact".

btw enjoy hoping that the carling cup counts as silverware for the next few years ;)

it counted for liverpool when they done the fake treble. enjoy never winning the premier league for the next few years its gonna be all united arsenal and chelsea. the one prise gerard will never have the only one needs to complete his collection pity he won get it. playing at liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You will be banned if you do not quit trolling chiller.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement