Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More elections.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I will have absolutely no problem banning firespinner for what is blatant trolling.
    I wasn't trolling exactly............

btw are any of the positions paid?
    Why do we have an Irish language officer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I wasn't trolling exactly............

Seriously, learn to know when to quit.
    tintinr35 wrote:
    who is even running for these positions???
    Nominations of exec are...
    The Finance Officer
    Kazakova, Eugeniya
    Quinlivan, Stephen

The Irish Language Officer / Oifigeach na Gaeilge
    Ó’Bradáin, Darragh
    O’Sullivan, Dónal

The Women’s Officer
    Phelan, Linda
    Rushe, Carol-Anne

The Communications & I.T. Officer
    Redmond, Gary

is michele kileen not rerunning for womens?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry Peachy, hadn't seen that post before I posted.

Doesn't look like she is. Although, Carol-Anne was involved on Michelle's Welfare campaign and was canvassing for her at the Arts Ball, of all places. She even tried to convince the charity rep. to vote for Michelle and Vicki-Anne finished college a decade ago. She strikes me as being very driven.

To be honest, I don't think as many people care about the upcoming elections as do about the Sabbat elections. Maybe care is too strong a word, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I signed the nomination sheet thing for some guy who was trying to run for women's officer in the bar on the last day of term. Mustn't have handed it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    I signed the nomination sheet thing for some guy who was trying to run for women's officer in the bar on the last day of term. Mustn't have handed it in.
    Or maybe you were just that drunk that the poor girl looked like a bloke in your drink-sozzled eyes...

should i feel bad for not knowing anything about any of the candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Blush_01 wrote:
    To be honest, I don't think as many people care about the upcoming elections as do about the Sabbat elections. Maybe care is too strong a word, I don't know.

Well yeah, Exec positions have a lot less power than sabat positions, the campaign trail is shorter, the deposit is lower, and fewer people turn out to vote. There's generally a lot less riding on them. The exec don't shape the face of the union to the extent that the sabats do. That's the way it always is.
    Plus it's closer to exams and students (even 'hacks') are worried about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

should i feel bad for not knowing anything about any of the candidates?

No, none of them have done anything high profile yet. (which isn't a criticism of any of them per se, there's a lot of important work that has to be done in the union that doesn't get your face out there, or your name in the papers, that's not what it should be about anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I was actually stone cold sober I'll have you know Seb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

SebtheBum wrote:
    Women tend not to have a history of discriminating against the Y-chromosome-replete gender.

Honestly, what are you lot like?:rolleyes:

Silly buggers?

Looking forward to seeing the replies to Sangre's offering.

all posts discussing the relevance of the role of womens officer have been moved to the following thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054905737

Can we please keep this thread for the elections and those running for office.

Round of applause for Peachy. Delightfully handled.

all posts discussing the relevance of the role of womens officer have been moved to the following thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054905737

Can we please keep this thread for the elections and those running for office.
    A very good move - but you might want to add a quick openig post to explain why the thread makes reference to a different thread - for people who haven't seen the other one.

A very good move - but you might want to add a quick openig post to explain why the thread makes reference to a different thread - for people who haven't seen the other one.

When you move the posts it places all of them in order that they were first posted. I.E. my new opening post would have been done an hour or so after the other ones so it will come up last on the thread.

I will edit the fist post when I get the chance, I have been busy with other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well, as a law student you're not eligible to vote in the Arts programme office elections anyway.

G'wan the Bond lad!

Nominations of exec are...
    The Finance Officer
    Kazakova, Eugeniya
    Quinlivan, Stephen

The Irish Language Officer / Oifigeach na Gaeilge
    Ó’Bradáin, Darragh
    O’Sullivan, Dónal

The Women’s Officer
    Phelan, Linda
    Rushe, Carol-Anne

The Communications & I.T. Officer
    Redmond, Gary

Chris Bond and Conor Dixon are going for Arts, while Colm Byrne is going for Health Sci. Anybody know of others?

Look I really, REALLY couldn't care less. Just tell me who is left or right and I will vote accordingly.

Just tell me whose running and I'll make sure not to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Look I really, REALLY couldn't care less. Just tell me who is left or right and I will vote accordingly.

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If that's all that matters to you Stephen, ask each candidate when we get back. Just stop behaving like a petulant toddler.

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    If that's all that matters to you Stephen, ask each candidate when we get back. Just stop behaving like a petulant toddler.
    But I WANNNA;)
    I have no intention of toddling around a load of different nobodies asking about where they stand, and what did they think of Enda (excuse the capital) Duffy losing. Oh, it was a trajedy? It will be the end of the union! - oh but Dans still a great guy? Whats that? your not left, just politically challanged? but I should still vote for you? Why? Because you will have an active campaigning union. But I don't want an active campaigning union! So is there any reason for me to vote for you? There is?! Oh. You will have an active campaigning union..............

......Ad Nauseum. At election time they all have the same hymn sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

jesus would people stop each others real names. its just plain rude.

Sangre wrote:
    I agree, shame on you blush

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sangre wrote:

What? You did that to me before! My full name as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ah but isn't anonymity one of the great things about Boards?

However if you post up your photo you are looking to be "outed"!

I know there's a limited number of people who know who I am and I know that very few people know who Sangre is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

TheVan wrote:
    Ah but isn't anonymity one of the great things about Boards?

However if you post up your photo you are looking to be "outed"!

I know there's a limited number of people who know who I am and I know that very few people know who Sangre is!!

I've worked out who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Pythia wrote:
    I've worked out who he is.

Yeah see I thought that was him I saw with his hood over his face, stepping out of a white and blue van with a load of men in uniform around him but it turns out it was his doppelganger.

However it turns out Sangre does have something for white tracksuits so we may be on the right track!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

First tintinr35 and then you.
    Bunch of stalkers I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

About this left and right thing...

TBH there's nothing creative or personal about the PRO jobs as far as I can see. You have to just help out with whatever jobs the Deputy Pres assigns to you, and aside from maybe suggesting to the Reps what should be tackled, you have to work off their initiative in what they want done on a building-by-building basis. The job is largely one based exactly on its description, so being left or right should have nothing to do with it really - politics is about as relevant in how to tie your laces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Right so, to answer a previous question regarding political affiliations.

I am <snip>. I am running for Oifigeach na Gaeilge. I am a member of UCD Labour Youth.

I'll post up a manifesto when I put it together, if that is allowed on these boards (can a moderator clarify this for me?). If that's not permitted, sure there'll still be plenty of manifestoes available during the run-up to the elections.

Any other questions about my track record, I'll gladly answer them.

Advertisement