Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living away from home

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Scraggs wrote:
    definately character building!
    Or soul-destroying... Take your pick.

Me, I lived on my own for 2 years, no flatmate, no hassle.

Actually, that did have its uses, now that I recall it more clearly... Maw.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hermione* wrote:
    Solution to cleaning dilemna? Live with utterly lovely girl with same obsessive compulsive disorder as you(me) but the time to indulge it!....
    That reminds me of a hissy fit I witnessed in one of my mates flats. Four lads living together, ones a neat freak the other 3 put pigstys to shame. Anyway the tidy one was like cmon lads somebody do the living room while I start on the kitchen... the others were in the pisses laughing and started saying he should get the OCD seen to etc. Then suddenly from nowhere he screams 'It Should Be Obsessive Compulsive Order ....OOOOOORRRRRRDER!!! ' I suppose you kinda had to be there but it was actually one of the funniest things i've seen in years!

This thread has really made me realise that however much I love my home comforts its just so much better being away from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs wrote:
    That reminds me of a hissy fit I witnessed in one of my mates flats. Four lads living together, ones a neat freak the other 3 put pigstys to shame. Anyway the tidy one was like cmon lads somebody do the living room while I start on the kitchen... the others were in the pisses laughing and started saying he should get the OCD seen to etc. Then suddenly from nowhere he screams 'It Should Be Obsessive Compulsive Order ....OOOOOORRRRRRDER!!! ' I suppose you kinda had to be there but it was actually one of the funniest things i've seen in years!

This thread has really made me realise that however much I love my home comforts its just so much better being away from it!

God that's mental...he's mental!

It's tough without the home comforts alright but the freedom is worth it!

scop wrote:
    Idea: All of you with the same pet peeves move in together next year, problem sorted :D

I so would! Come on guys...my house has cheap heating in fully working order, ntl and the unbeatable perk of being across the road from 24 hr tescos and the best shopping centre on earth. it also has four cheap rooms up for grabs from summer onward....me suggests a boards house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol class :D how much for rent? ¬_¬

• Advertisement

can i come visit?? i'll make tea and bring presents!

Scraggs wrote:
    can i come visit?? i'll make tea and bring presents!
    Don't fall for her lies, she'll steal your tea and bring extremely irritating pets with her. Trust me...

... I am that pet!:eek:

Of course you can Scraggs hon!!

It's €90 per week....I consider it a bargain cos I love the place!!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Don't fall for her lies, she'll steal your tea and bring extremely irritating pets with her. Trust me...

... I am that pet!:eek:

lmao, hey you can't just claim to be a pet and sleep in the living room to skive on rent, come live with us Seb darling, the boards house will be the coolest of them all!

I can see a big brother type house forming!

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    lmao, hey you can't just claim to be a pet and sleep in the living room to skive on rent, come live with us Seb darling, the boards house will be the coolest of them all!
    Oh it's so tempting... The 24 hour Tescos is the major attraction, and this "coolness" you speak of merely sweetens the deal...

When u moving in, oh coordinator of living space?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh it's so tempting... The 24 hour Tescos is the major attraction, and this "coolness" you speak of merely sweetens the deal...

When u moving in, oh coordinator of living space?

I already live there, but the others are moving out at the end of May and I'm putting together a whole new ensemble!! I think it would be brilliant....and Tescos is the shrine at which I worship...they sell EVERYTHING!

elmyra wrote:
    I already live there, but the others are moving out at the end of May and I'm putting together a whole new ensemble!! I think it would be brilliant....and Tescos is the shrine at which I worship...they sell EVERYTHING!
    Oh God... So, so tempting...

I wouldn't be there for long tho, since I'm off to London in August/September, but I've bog all else to do for the Summer so this might actually be a bit of a laugh!

There's nothing else for it, boards house it is! We actually wanted to get some people for the summer cos of the whole 12 month lease thing.

Anyone else? I've got cookies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

As tempting as cookies sound, I'll be moving into a nice one bedroom apartment come july/august.

/can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'll visit and bring brownies, because the 75 stops near (15 minutes from) my place. I make good brownies. And good carrot cake. And good lasagne. And I don't mind anyone eating any food I have in my presses (as a rule) as long as they let me know they've taken it and maybe replace some stuff occasionally.

I'm nice, if neurotic, honest!

Blush_01 wrote:
    I'll visit and bring brownies, because the 75 stops near (15 minutes from) my place. I make good brownies. And good carrot cake. And good lasagne. And I don't mind anyone eating any food I have in my presses (as a rule) as long as they let me know they've taken it and maybe replace some stuff occasionally.

You had me at "I make good brownies".

Blush_01 wrote:

Hell for all that I'll drive you there and back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Blush_01 wrote:

Can I visit when Blush visits?! Obviously, elmyra it's really to see you ;)
    Actually where is your house? I also live near 24 hour tesco, I'm wondering if it's the same one!

Hermione* wrote:
    Can I visit when Blush visits?! Obviously, elmyra it's really to see you ;)
    Actually where is your house? I also live near 24 hour tesco, I'm wondering if it's the same one!

of course you can!! It's in dundrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Nope, different tesco to me! But a more valid reason to visit (and eat all the brownies!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

elmyra wrote:
    of course you can!! It's in dundrum.
    A significantly nicer 24 hour Tesco than my local one... The Square. :(
    Stupid Tallaght and being full of skangers.

Stupid Tallaght and being full of skangers.
    Hey c'mon now... They're not all like HappyCrackHead and AngelofFire...

Advertisement