Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla D4D 1.4 2006

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sofireland wrote:
    I'm giving my old car to my girlfriend, so she can keep that...

Is there anyway to hook an Ipod into this radio thats standard in the corolla. As long as it plays CDs thats the main thing.

There is a device called the Itrip which will allow your Ipod to connect to an FM channel tunned in on your car radio. I have heard that the quality is not the best and that you could pick up interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

they aren't too bad, provided the Ipod can rest quite close to the radio! I have an itrip, got it off Ebay for €10,

PM Sent Colm

Anyone know of a dealer in meath/louth/north & west dublin who'd have one for test drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have one!

PM sent again...

Oooh this is exciting!!!

• Advertisement

imagine doing it for a living! ;)

I'd say it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside, and a nice chq for commission at the end :)

Just like me when i'm selling my mortgages!!! ;)

you're selling dreams.........

sometimes destroying them too...
    Really looking forward to monday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    PM sent
    sofireland wrote:
    Replied to PM

Care to enlighten us what that was about, dudes?

Had a current model brand new Corolla as a rental car for a few weeks, and as for my opinion about them, sometimes it's best to say nothing at all :)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    Had a current model brand new Corolla as a rental car for a few weeks, and as for my opinion about them, sometimes it's best to say nothing at all :)

I think it was the great Ronan (needs a beating) Keating who said "You shay it best, when you shay nothing at all"

Discretion is the better part of valour! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

today i spotted a 02 corolla saloon I.3 japanese import, 4 door, white, no besting aerial, but a door aerial and no hubcaps, just silver wheel hubs with those small plastic cups over the hubs, black grille with toyota emblem and the only extra on it was the 4 wind deflectors on each door. It was very basic. Twenty years ago, a "top of the range" car in lreland was normally sold like this.

Well took one for a test drive today and was suitably impressed, good power deliver on the low revs, and nowhere near as loud as i expected from a diesel car.

Very comfortable to drive, and nice and spacey, nice to drive not knocking elbows with the missus ;)

I was so impressed i put down my deposit and am now waiting for the funds to come through so i can get it!

Thanks a million Colm, oh yeah, can you throw in the scratch protectors for the door too? :)

You're putting me on the spot here!

Wouldn't like to do that! lol!!

I'll throw you in some diesel, or an air freshener. hows about that?

So we talking an almighty €7 worth of diesel here or a yankee candle air freshener!?

This is the deal breaker!!! ;)

yankee candle - as if!

(there will be a surprise free gift included with the car of slightly less crappyness than an air freshener)

i love surprises! :)

• Advertisement

PM Sent Colm
    whenever you've a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think it was the great Ronan (needs a beating) Keating who said "You shay it best, when you shay nothing at all"
    Hahaha. Got a good laugh out of that and reading the end of the thread, gas to see the sale of a car resulting out of it.

I have to say though, it was wrecking my head quite a bit about all the various options and specs being put about there. A modern Toyota Corolla is the epitome of the car that I would never want to own, in any circumstance, no matter what the price (others are the modern Golf, 307, Civic, Astra, Focus etc... ) The Corolla is the number 1 boring car for me though. Everything about how it looks is so bland to my eyes. I really was amazed to see that there seems to be at least one genuine enthusiast (G Luxel) of this car. I'm not trying to get at anyone by the way by saying how almost ridiculously boring the modern Corolla is to me. What with its looks, reliability, dependabilty, build quality etc, I don't know how you can stand the monotony. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have my monthly head gasket changes to keep me occupied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

G Luxel wrote:
    today i spotted a 02 corolla saloon I.3 japanese import, 4 door, white, no besting aerial, but a door aerial and no hubcaps, just silver wheel hubs with those small plastic cups over the hubs, black grille with toyota emblem and the only extra on it was the 4 wind deflectors on each door. It was very basic. Twenty years ago, a "top of the range" car in lreland was normally sold like this.

Saw one in Cork yesterday too as a taxi. It looks awful, a bit like a slightly modified AE80 (1983 -1987) model. I wonder has it wind-down windows too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

yep Irish rover i am a dieheart fan of the corolla saloon/estate NZEI2I. The car goes from A to B. The reason it is bland is that people will buy it. It is the Worlds best selling car with the same badge and name, to date about 35 million. Its really a copy of an octavia combined with the Bora to produce a best seller at Volkswagen's expense. Id have never bought a corolla until the
    millenium when I went on holiday to Japan and I turned up at the Amlux showroom to see a great event, the launch of the Corolla in August 2000. Even though it was two years before the car arrived here, they were and are still selling about 4000 a month over there. I dont know when the new corolla will be launched. We probably wont get it till 2008. The present one is still rolling off the Kanto Auto works in Nagoya. Btw the corolla hatchback is known over there as the Allex or Runx and the Verso is known as the Spacio and its the old one they sell and not the later European built Verso.

IrishRover wrote:
    A modern Toyota Corolla is the epitome of the car that I would never want to own, in any circumstance, no matter what the price (others are the modern Golf, 307, Civic, Astra, Focus etc... ) The Corolla is the number 1 boring car for me though. Everything about how it looks is so bland to my eyes. I really was amazed to see that there seems to be at least one genuine enthusiast (G Luxel) of this car. I'm not trying to get at anyone by the way by saying how almost ridiculously boring the modern Corolla is to me. What with its looks, reliability, dependabilty, build quality etc, I don't know how you can stand the monotony

That's why I didn't say anything. I knew someone would say it better

I bet you never had the misfortune to drive one for a while, IrishRover. I did in a very hot place and I must admit the aircon worked flawlessly. Now I shall shut up again :D

well, it was an easy choice, especially considering i drive at the moment a daewoo matiz! :D

Essentially i need a car thats reliable, efficient and does what it says on the tin, if i didn't want that i would have gone for an alfa!

jaysus, you'd swear the Corolla was a pile of 5hite! it has its good points, excellent reliability and resale. Also the hatchback isn't bad looking! I mean the 307 and Focus are suggested as alternatives. the Focus is unbelievibly dull, and the 307 is made out of toilet roll inserts and biscuit tins!

colm_mcm wrote:
    it has its good points, excellent reliability and resale

I don't think anyone can argue with that. Did I mention the aircon is loud but works very well? Also Toyota is now officially the biggest car manufacturer in the world

Aircon? Is it really necessary in Ireland ffs! :D

Anyway, i'm happy with my choice! Colm, yet another pm sent, i wouldn't blame ya if you took out a restraining order at this stage :)

• Advertisement

restraining order is in the post. we don't really get thge weather for aircon here, fair enough if it's standard on the car, but I wouldn't go paying €1300 extra and waiting 5 months for the pleasure

Advertisement