Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V-max Service and tune up

• 19-03-2006 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I'm looking for a recommendation for who would be best to do a full service and tune up on a 85 V-max, its been sitting with little use for the past 4 years. I've changed the oil and filter every year even though it hasn't been used much during that time. It starts and runs fine but dies out in traffic when the radiator fan comes on, the headlight sometimes has that effect too. The battery is fully charged with an optimate trickle charger so i don't think its a battrey problem. Anybody got any suggestions on who would look at it preferably on the northside of Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

try NDM.
    there based in santry.
    i use them all the time,
    cheap and very trustworthy.

all the lads out there are sound.
    ive seen a good few v-maxes in and out of there when ive stopped in so id say theyve plenty of experience with them

http://www.ndmoto.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

off topic but i just love v-max's just something so formidable about them

what is it like to drive? & are the brakes as bad as people say?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Its great in a straight line and the acceleration is unbelievable when it hits 5,500rpm when the Vboost kicks in, for a 21 year old bike it will still do its best to pull yor arms out of there sockets:D

As for braking it definaltly does not stop as fast as it accelerates but I put in braided hoses and it seemed to have helped some what..

I'm looking forward to summer and hoping to have Her ready to go before then..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

subway wrote:
    try NDM.
    there based in santry.
    i use them all the time,
    cheap and very trustworthy.

all the lads out there are sound.
    ive seen a good few v-maxes in and out of there when ive stopped in so id say theyve plenty of experience with them

http://www.ndmoto.com/

Thanks Subway I'll call into them and see what they say the next time I'm passing, I think they are down by the Swiss Cottage beside the Parts place Am i wright in saying that?

Advertisement