Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spread the wealth

• 19-03-2006 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Just thinking the other day, it'd be cool if we posted up offers etc taht we saw when we were out so that other members could take advantage of them also. i don't particularly have much to offer right now but.......
    ye know where i'm coming from. anyway noticed in hollystown on saturady for any pay and play people that from april to may if you play 5 rounds in hollystown you get 1 free, i don't know if that the fifth or if you get a green fee voucher for your sixth.
    this can apply to all things. clubs, balls and green fees etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Well I just bought 2 boxes of 18 ULTRA balls for 30 quid in spawell which I though was good untill I saw the same offer for 15 quid at the RDS today. doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

extra doh for going to the rds today after multiple warnings on the boards from fellow members :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I know I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

I bought 24 Dunlop DDH Golf balls for €12 in Sports World above Heatons. Don't buy these balls! Half way down the third fairway, I found both halves of my ball on the fairway!
    One of my friends bought a driver there, it's a Dunlop 460cc titanium composite for €49. He's had it for about three months and it seems fine. I tried it, not bad so it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

zag wrote:
    One of my friends bought a driver there, it's a Dunlop 460cc titanium composite for €49. He's had it for about three months and it seems fine. I tried it, not bad so it's not.

I thought you were going to say it snapped when taking a tee shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

I might buy the driver for 40 euro and give it a go.

Let us know how the balls go :)

No worries, I got a practice/driving net and a pair of shoes aswell for good measure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TabulaRasa22

GreeBo wrote:
    Any updates on those balls?

oh yeah, well I used one last saturday to be honest it was still a bit wet to decide on Spin/Roll.
    Distance seemed to be ok, though it was super windy so I couldnt tell for sure.
    It seemed to roll well during putting.
    I'll investigate more this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I just bought a load of balls off ebay and am very happy with them.

I got 100 titleist 'pearl' grade balls - mixed versions, 24 Callaway 'A' grade, and 24 pinnacle 'A' grade, plus 400 wooden tees for €120 delivered and am well happy with it. Will be selling onto some mates in batches of 12 to recoup delivery costs.

Pearl grade are perfect, unblemished surface and are perfectly clean, though many do have felt tip pen marks or logos, so the appearance (less than 50% though) of these is not brand new, even though they do look like they've only been hit once, if at all. The rest of them just looked like brand new balls.

The 'A' grade seems to be where the best value is - some visual marks, but only very minor scratches to surface, if any, and you get a lot more of these for your money.

'B' grade seem to be too much of a step down to warrant the saving.

Advertisement