Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Department of Lung Cancer: Lost Souls and Shattered Dreams

Options
  • 19-03-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be in UCD tomorrow to fork over €20 plus for fines (hooray!) but I'll be bringing a bit more cash for some beerage and pool if anyone else is going to be there.

So who's going? We know Zane won't be there (typical him :rolleyes:) but what about everyone else?

I think Peachypants and I have settled on 1pm as the time but I'm not clear on where we will all meet up?

Let's sort out the details, folks. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'll be in

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hmm, maybe :p I keep telling myself I'm going to go to these things, but other stuff always comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm helping out at the accounting conference thingy held in UCD this week. We've a training day tomorrow. I'll be wearing a hoody, probably in some lurid colour. We get them free. Hurray, free clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

@pretty monster

Me too but probably studying but I may go down for a Boards.ie sociological experiment, who are the people behin dthe witty comments? One wonders.

scop wrote:
    @pretty monster

Me too but probably studying but I may go down for a Boards.ie sociological experiment, who are the people behin dthe witty comments? One wonders.

Do!
    [whisper] we can leave if they suck [/whisper]

It'll be fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm comin up from carlow... my ETA at UCD is approx 13.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Do!
    [whisper] we can leave if they suck [/whisper]

It'll be fun :)

I cant really drink since my propasal thing is on Thursday but if I turn up and its Seb and other beardie longhairs then I will have to leave post haste :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scraggs wrote:
    I'm comin up from carlow... my ETA at UCD is approx 13.45

I hope ETA means your estimated time of arrival and that you're not planning to bring Basque separatists along.

One question though - how am I supposed to recognise you all? I think i know what a few of you look like (vaguely) but exactly where am I to find you all?

I'll be the girl hanging around with a bunch of masked Basque men... wearing a grey NYPD hoodie and black trousers.

You're not gonna turn up are you...

Scraggs wrote:
    I'll be the girl hanging around with a bunch of masked Basque men... wearing a grey NYPD hoodie and black trousers.

You're not gonna turn up are you...

I'll be there. I'll be wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans. I have short hair and I'll be clean shaven (I'm not now but I will be tomorrow I hope :D ).

If anyone that's going wants to PM me their phone number so I can call them if I get lost that might be a good idea too.

• Advertisement

So where are we meeting, Dept. of Lung Cancer? The trap? Student Bar? Someone make a decision.

I'll be ther girl who looks vaguely familiar, almost like there may have been posters of her plastered all over campus a month ago. Short, w/long brown hair, almost certain to be smoking. Don't know what I'll be wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'll be there about one (who am I kiddin' 3) but I have an essay for tuesday sso might make only a short appearance.

pretty monster,

I think I recognise you. Dark hair, glasses, philosophy student last year?

The Dept. of Lung Cancer might be the best place to meet up. Shall we say next to the doors that lead into the Theatre L/Library way?

pretty monster,

I think I recognise you. Dark hair, glasses, philosophy student last year?

That's me alright... though my hair is more of a mid-brown than a dark brown.

And I'm still a philosophy student :)

Right ok... I'm sure ye'll have moved on by the time I get there but I'll check the bars... I know what a few of ye look like and I'll def recognise p*m.

:mad: I'd love to give out my number but I just remembered my phone died on st. Patricks day taking my sim card with it :(

are you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

We know Zane won't be there (typical him :rolleyes:) but what about everyone else?

Now now, don't be bitter Mr.Nice Guy! I know I was the only reason as to why you were going to show up to this thing tomorrow! ;)

Actually by the unlikely heavens in god that the situation of Mr.Nice Guy actually shows his face I demand that he is caught in a cage and put up for viewing in captivity at the orts block for everyones amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Scraggs wrote:
    are you going?

I dunno if you're asking yourself that question or if the posting order has fooked up again but I can't go tomorrow! :(

I'm in campus on Wednesday if anyone wants to go for a pint or a game of pool.... probably a no then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Can't believe I'll miss the unveiling of Mr Nice Guy - but I have to be in my northside college :( Still though, I demand photos, from anyone who sees him and has a camera phone!

Scraggs wrote:
    :mad: I'd love to give out my number but I just remembered my phone died on st. Patricks day taking my sim card with it :(
    how so? I got a thingy for xmas that stores yer SIM card in case you lose it - would that help? (transfer your old sim to new sim)

• Advertisement

That's me alright... though my hair is more of a mid-brown than a dark brown.

And I'm still a philosophy student :)

OK I should recognise you then. I wonder if you'll recognise me. Probably not. :o
    blondie83 wrote:
    Can't believe I'll miss the unveiling of Mr Nice Guy - but I have to be in my northside college Still though, I demand photos, from anyone who sees him and has a camera phone!

No way! And ruin the moment when Zane gets to meet me? Blondie how could you be so inconsiderate?! :rolleyes: :p

OK I should recognise you then. I wonder if you'll recognise me. Probably not. :o

Did you show up much? Ever come to a philsoc event?

how so? I got a thingy for xmas that stores yer SIM card in case you lose it - would that help? (transfer your old sim to new sim)
    thanks for the offer but whatever way it got smashed the sim was damaged too and wont work now unfortunately... great idea those back-up thingys
    I may invest in one!

OT... MNG are ya really comin or are ya takin the piss?

Did you show up much? Ever come to a philsoc event?

I came to a few of the screenings and I went to one discussion after a showing of The Matrix. I think I know one of your friends from philosophy. I can ask you about that tomorrow.
    Scraggs wrote:
    OT... MNG are ya really comin or are ya takin the piss?

Wow you keep asking that. Have faith! Course I'm going. I've books to hand in tomorrow so I'll be about the place anyway. Will you be there? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I think I'll turn up tomorrow and annoince myself as Mr Nice Guy to confuse matters even more! And since MNG won't actually be there, I will be free to assume his identity without a struggle... the very talented Mr Nice Guy.

Scraggs wrote:
    thanks for the offer but whatever way it got smashed the sim was damaged too and wont work now unfortunately... great idea those back-up thingys
    I may invest in one!
    is it actually broke? Maybe my machine could recover something?

I came to a few of the screenings and I went to one discussion after a showing of The Matrix. I think I know one of your friends from philosophy. I can ask you about that tomorrow.

I should recognise you so. I was at all the screening last year... not just cos we always went out on the piss after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I might pop over, seeing as it's just across the road. Feeling a tad delicate at the moment though and my wallet is horrifically empty, so I'd say I'll be witnessing the beering, rather than partaking in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

oh no!!Im gonna miss mng-its odd cos I had a dream about him and grimes last night.It was only like for a second but you two were definatly ion there somewhere. Cant go tommorow cos I have an anatomy gring on where Il be left alon in the dissection room poking around the cadaver

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    Cant go tommorow cos I have an anatomy gring on where Il be left alon in the dissection room poking around the cadaver
    Does it have rigger mortis?

Advertisement