Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Department of Lung Cancer: Lost Souls and Shattered Dreams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Why murder when you can kidnap! I'm sure the ransom would be worth more than the loan.... Like peachy's so valuable to boards keepin us all unruly schoolchildren under control and all I'm sure we..I mean somebody.. could get a decent price for her!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'll be around on wednesday too! good turnout today indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Red Alert wrote:
    i'll be around on wednesday too! good turnout today indeed.
    Good ta see ya again mate, it's been ages since u were last at a UCD beers, and I was getting tired of chattin to all these blow-in whippersnappers!:D

I'm in college all week too, altho I deffo won't be in til about 3-4 tomorro, just in case anyone wonders where the hobo called Seb is. (Doc's appointment at 1).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

C'mon! Did some of you actually believe Mr.Nice Guy was going to show up? :rolleyes:

Yes I was the only one who didn't show up. :rolleyes:
    I'm on campus Wednesday and I need alcohol badly.... very badly.... seriously...... just 1 even....... please somebody please???

See ya there. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

SebtheBum wrote:
    .....myself tottered along to the Student Bar, where I unceremoniously whipped HappyCrackHead's ass at pool

i dont remember that... in fact, i believe you lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

panda100 wrote:
    oh no!!Im gonna miss mng-its odd cos I had a dream about him and grimes last night

I cant believe i didnt come into this sooner. Did THE Grimes be everything you were hoping he would be;)

aka:a horse?:D

panda100 wrote:
    Hehe-yes lets drag scraggs in:)

No the dream wasnt like that-it was all very above boards-I wanted to go to the shops and I was at home but my mum wouldnt let me go by myself.So suddenly mng and grimes where watching the rugby game with my brother (u know the way mad things seem normal in dreams) and they both said they'd bring me to the shop.So we went to the shop and the u sorta dissapeared after that! But cheers guys for helping me out....

I think your leaving somthing out.

dont ya mean stallion!!!???

Scraggs wrote:
    dont ya mean stallion!!!???

Scraggs your dirrty minx , you said you'd never tell anyone

So Grimes has been put out to Stud eh... Well, frankly we all knew this day would come...

Remember Grimey, you break a leg, we blow your brains out - that's just the way it is when your equine, stallion or not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Eh...what?

I was referring to the contrived joke made by Blush_01... If you want accuracy, MSG turns up almost everywhere, whereas MNG is ever elusive. However each is the subject of many wild and unbelievable rumours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im back-Just want to say for the record Im ashamed of my posts yesterday.I acted like a (very tall) three year old and I am not proud of my self at all.So im sorry peachy and vainglory and anyone who was upset by my silly and thoughtless comments.

While I was in exile I had to celebrate my 1000 post in the bords willderness of fashion and apperance-sob!:)

Intresting bunch yesterday that turned up .Angel of fire has claimed to have met mng so I do think he does actually exist.Why dont you make the next meet up thursday-me and some of my mates (and grimes:) ) are heading to whelans if ur going to meet up in the bar first u can always head along there after.Whelans on a thursday is great-lots of jumpy up and down music like franz ferdinand and green day etc.And we all have a reason to celebrate-we still have half of our hols to go!yipee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I have to admit I was pretty upset!

humbert wrote:
    I have to admit I was pretty upset!
    awwhhh poor humbert-im sorry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I had a lot of fun yesterday. KittenKiller, you shouldnt be encouraging me to be so mean :).
    I got to know people a lot better than I did in the longstone, prob since I spent most of the time alking to the same person there.
    What I thought was interesting is
    A)A lot of you know and hang around with each other outside boards
    B)The "declaration of interests thread" was pointless because so many people who had connections didnt declare them
    C)Politics in UCD is fun to talk about! There are a number of non-hack boardsies who know what they are talking about but at the same time can have a joke about it too.

oh and humbert is MNG

I don't think that one's gonna catch on:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

See ya there. ^_^
    HEHE! :D

OK I'm around campus tomorrow afters. If anyone wants to go for a pint 3 o'c in the student bar???

HEHE! :D

OK I'm around campus tomorrow afters. If anyone wants to go for a pint 3 o'c in the student bar???

I'll be there tomorrow but 3 is a bit late. Oh and Humbert is not MNG. Far from it...

yea I don't have a ponytail and speak with an English accent:D

• Advertisement

I'm not going to dignify that with a response.:rolleyes:

Yeah I'll be in college tomorro, will probably be around the DoLC at 3 or thereabouts, so if u are there Zane then gimme a text. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Samos - each to their own. I'm perfectly entitled to be contrived if I so wish.

Accusations in flight again? Who is the real MNG?

Blush_01 wrote:
    Who is the real MNG?

She is...

...but after her it's me.

B)The "declaration of interests thread" was pointless because so many people who had connections didnt declare them

I still dont think thats very fair.It just shows that the person has something to hide and I think its just sneaky and not fair to the other peoople using boards who want to discuss union stuff.But I say we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.....

Oh no, I'll agree with you if you want. You are one of the sneaky unfair people. You only made a declaration after being publically outed :) And I'd bet you dont actually think you had anything to declare. Being good friends with someone regardless of how actively you were campaigning in RL (though you did hand out flyers or something) biased your posts*.

You werent the only regular posters who didnt, and I didnt cop when they were recommending one candidate over the other that they were RL friends or campaigning for them.

So whether or not it was a good idea to have a declarations thread for all SU discussions, it wasnt enforced well coming up to elections, and so if someone didnt declare themself in the thread, one would assumed they had no connection. It actually made shilling more effective.

My position was very simple, whether or not someone is a class rep has no bearing on discussions the union in general because one is just as likely to become a class rep if they were dissatisfied and wanting to change things.
    Being involved with the union doesnt automatically mean they are satisfied with it ->look at the poll results and you'll notice vainglory is dissatisfied. People dont seem to understand the relationship between cause and effect at any rate. Its like the old anarchist theory that cities with more police have higher crime rates so we should disband the police :rolleyes:

But the same ppl who thought it was tres important to declare if you were a class rep, didnt think knowing a candidate personally would bias your opinion. The hypocracy baffles me.

*The thing is ppl will always have reasons why they want one candidate to win, and whether they are a class rep, friend or following a party line isnt actually relevent. Everyone has their reasons. So I thought the interests thread misleading, because it implied these people are only saying X,Y,Z because of A,B or C when in fact we all have our reasons.
    Now I think it was pointless and had the opposite effect to what was intended since I subsituted my noramal skepticism for "the list of offenders".

BTW, now that I am being cynical again, I think that UCD ball thread was started by a shill. And reading over those election threads, I should have spotted certain things i missed. Im back to being an untrusing stick in the mud.

I think you're right Kaptain Redeye. In general, if somebody makes a proposition and backs it up with proof that is convincing to the reader, then the writer's persuasion, beliefs, traits or appearance are immaterial. It is only fair to judge the merits of a person's position on what they say, not on who they are or on their affiliations with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

:confused:
    Who are you talking about?

:confused:
    Who are you talking about?

And who are you talking about?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Hey so outside Arts at 3 today... wednesday right?

I'll hang out for a bit but no bar, i'm on a dry run. its a nice day we could all go sit opposite the lake instead of in the gloomy bar.

just a suggestion but i hear that boardsies fear the sun and throw rocks at their shadows.... oooooh... come get me boards.ie!

• Advertisement

I'll be headin over to the dolc at 3pmish there better be people there!

Advertisement