Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Department of Lung Cancer: Lost Souls and Shattered Dreams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Blush_01 wrote:
    The question is, however - did he get there before you? How did you copyright it? Ooh, lets go to court!:D
    Such insightful knowledge of the intricacies of the Republic's copyright law, allied with your latent argumentativeness, makes me very keen on you being my Counsel in the up-and-coming legal battle!!!:D

So how many are coming to the Porterhouse on Thursday so far, doesn't seem to be a huge crowd, judging from the stickied thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Won't be in Dublin on Thursday night. :(

As for the representation thing: let's discuss my fee... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Blush_01 wrote:
    Won't be in Dublin on Thursday night. :(

As for the representation thing: let's discuss my fee... :p

I have the best legal team in the world... Smith and Wesson!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

A trainee barrister, (devil to the masses) gets minimum wage normally...

(If even)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i like Enda's idea.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    i like Enda's idea.

Which one? S+W or the virgin kit for ferdi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

anyone about the place tomorrow?

Shup Joe, I know that. I did work experience with both solicitors and barristers in TY. One poor Devil was involved in what looked like it could possibly have been his first case. The poor guy was so nervous! And then there's all the legal books you have to keep up to date and subscriptions you have to keep updated so they send you amendments to laws so you can update the books... mental! They actually print the frickin' things in little folders so you can just remove the irrelevant bits and replace them with the up-to-date information. Smart! So for your first few years as a barrister, you're very likely to make a loss, all things considered. But you get it all back eventually.

Anyway, I'll do this one pro bono. But that's just because I'm in a generous mood this evening/morning. Plus, I like saying pro bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Shall be in early tomorrow (well I say early, I mean around 11-ish) so if anyone is around for a coffee break be sure to give me a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Blush_01 wrote:
    Shup Joe, I know that. I did work experience with both solicitors and barristers in TY. One poor Devil was involved in what looked like it could possibly have been his first case. The poor guy was so nervous! And then there's all the legal books you have to keep up to date and subscriptions you have to keep updated so they send you amendments to laws so you can update the books... mental! They actually print the frickin' things in little folders so you can just remove the irrelevant bits and replace them with the up-to-date information. Smart! So for your first few years as a barrister, you're very likely to make a loss, all things considered. But you get it all back eventually.

Anyway, I'll do this one pro bono. But that's just because I'm in a generous mood this evening/morning. Plus, I like saying pro bono.

Ah I know. If I go down that road, I'll be horribly in debt to the parents... :(

• Advertisement

Or you could get loans, service the minimum on the debt, and get through. Living at home would help, if that's possible.

I prefer this thread to all others. It's got soul.

There is too much negativity on this forum at the moment....:)

boneless wrote:
    There is too much negativity on this forum at the moment....:)
    Agreed.

Come, let us spread joy and inebriation to all the good UCD boardsies!

Or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:
    Come, let us spread joy and inebriation to all the good UCD boardsies!

Or maybe not.

Some of us have finals. Maybe not indeed. There's no point, you'd only fail ;)

Sure I'm just gonna fail anyway - at least this way I'll be a spectacular failure!

18.6% is my lowest tally (Politics, 2nd yr Summer Exams)

Time to beat that score! 15% or under!

Fetch the memory-eraser (absinth)...

I still prefer this thread to all others.

It is the Rolls Royce of UCD threads, no doubt about it.

Seb's head is gonna be naked, Seb's head is gonna be naked, la la la la la la la, Seb's head is gonna be naked!

Anyone who hasn't donated yet...

COUGH UP THE DOUGH, YOU MISERABLE SELFISH SCROUNGERS!!!

Ahem.

Any donations will be gratefully and appreciatively received...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

SebtheBum wrote:
    Anyone who hasn't donated yet...

COUGH UP THE DOUGH, YOU MISERABLE SELFISH SCROUNGERS!!!

Ahem.

Any donations will be gratefully and appreciatively received...
    Just give me your bank account details and pin number and I will give you a big donation

• Advertisement

Did I mention that I'm still drunk? Well, I am!

I spent 5 consecutive hours at the Department of Lung Cancer: Lost Souls and Shattered Dreams (DoLC:LSaSD) on Wednesday. Truly, it was a historic experience. I was the only constant - other ppl kept flitting along and away again, while I maintained my stubborn anti-studying stance in defiance of all those who would attempt to encourage me to learn! HURRAH!

P.S. On an entirely unrelated note, I have not studied a jot and am screwed for the exams. HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

time well spent then Seb! how come you always say you have to go to the library when I come out to talk to ya then huh? answer me that one!

Villaricos wrote:
    time well spent then Seb! how come you always say you have to go to the library when I come out to talk to ya then huh? answer me that one!

It's a self defence mechanism. He really wants to get naked and dance in front of you. I've had that effect on him too. He's so cute I wanna bring him home an' let him live in the space under my stairs.

Did I tell you I'm still drunk?

You may be drunk old chum but you continue to have an astonishing grasp of my deep-seated inner desires, it must be said.

Sorry, did I say "astonishing"? I meant "mistaken".

You want my babies. I know you do!!

How is the DoLC doing these days? Too far from the library to be well populated, or the perfect sly smoking spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Whenever I go by there's no boardsies there! I bet you all hide cos you hate me....don't think I don't notice the looks....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Last time I was there I had to save my b/f from boneless ... they were far too close together for me liking! ;)

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote:
    Last time I was there I had to save my b/f from boneless ... they were far too close together for me liking! ;)

He's too cute... I can't resist him :)

Advertisement