Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Configuration using Zyxel and Netopia

Options
  • 19-03-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Ok

I've been using a Eircom Netopia 3347W router for the last 6 months, in the last months my connection speed has gone very slow at times, ( Im a BT cusomter ) only using Eircom Netopia for the wireless feature.

I have notied when I use the Zyxel my speeds are perfect, so Im now using the BT Zyxel router and have the Netopia on the LAN with a static IP address in the same range and it is not acting as a DHCP server, But I seem to have no luck in gettin my latop to connect to the Netopia over wireless, this should work should nt it and just give me Wireless NIC a static IP address and just use the netopia as a Access point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

se the zyxel to bridge mode and put the username and password settings into eh netopia , specify a mac address for the laptop in the netopia and turn off the ssid or beacon once you get connection to stop other people picking up the ssid and setting a fixed IP also ,

actually do a test first , connect up the netopia and don't use your PC , see if there are traffic indicators flashing on the box ....someone else using your connection etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

can you ping the netopia when you are using wireless if not if you connect a netowrk cable from your pc to the netopia can you ping it. if you can't ping it there may be a problem with it and you may need to reset the netopia and start from scratch

Advertisement