Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distributing lecture notes

Options
  • 19-03-2006 9:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fellow lecturers.

1. What's your call on electronic distribution of your notes.
    Am spending typical 20hrs for a 3 hr evening class and some students looking for the powerpoint file emailed as well as the notes.
    From earlier conversations I know some students are only in night class to be eventual lecturers so am very unwilling to see my considerable prep time being taken by another. Copy/paste
    I inform the class and college that I hold the copyright on my notes at first class and state so on first class handouts.
    2. Recently found the college had emailed a student my notes despite my direction not to do so.

Any feedback appreciated

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

slave1 wrote:
    Fellow lecturers.

1. What's your call on electronic distribution of your notes.

I actively encourage it. As long as I am credited as the author, I don't really mind. Likewise, if I use notes from another lecturer (I have used notes from another institution) I ask for permission and make sure the original author is credited.
    slave1 wrote:
    2. Recently found the college had emailed a student my notes despite my direction not to do so.

I would be certainly be annoyed, but I put all my notes/lab work on a shared drive that students (or non-studends inside the college) can download.

Especially useful when students miss a class.

Advertisement