Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 The Game

• 19-03-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

anyone get this yet. whats the verdict. i saw it in Tesco today and was really tempted

http://www.24-thegame.com/ is the official website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I played a demo of it,its not bad...although the story involves Kim being kidnapped for the 100th time. Id say if you play the PS2 a lot you will like it. I play games on the PC and hardly ever use the PS2 and Xbox my brothers have. I hate the controls,I need a keyboard and mouse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apparently, it's pants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Elisha's pants. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Mossy Monk wrote:
    anyone get this yet. whats the verdict. i saw it in Tesco today and was really tempted

http://www.24-thegame.com/ is the official website

You were tempted by 24 the game - goodness.

(FTL;"Why?")

You were tempted by 24 the game - goodness.

(FTL;"Why?")

If you would care to look around, you are in the 24 forum, we are all fans of 24 the tv series.
    A game of this nature would appeal to us, the same way a game of 'FTL tags' would appeal to yourself.

I know yourself and Mossy may of had a wee run-in in terms of why he should be a mod of a forum, but dont bring your little catfight over to my forum please.

Anymore remarks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

The game isn't too bad. I'd heard the rumors and I was expecting the worst but it's pretty good.

AI isnt great but does the usual i.e take cover, shoot, take cover. There's a lot of little minigames that are interesting enough to play. These occurs both between and during missions. The driving missions are a bit boring but nowhere near as bad as some sites make out.

Obviously the best thing about the game is the characters, voice acting and storyline. The plot is a bit over the top at times but similar enough to the series. Kim only gets kidnapped occasionally and there's lots of little cameo's from minor characters during the day.

Overall, if you're a 24 fan (and if your reading this you probably are) it's definitely worth getting. Otherwise there are better games out there to spend your money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

My mate got this game and I spent a good portion of Friday night playing it. Let's put it this way- if I wasn't a fan of the series, it'd be a decent game, nothing particularly amazing. It even has a few glitches that are annoying.

However, I am a fan of the series, and nothing makes you feel cooler than-watching Jack kick in a door, shout "FEDERAL AGENT!!! DROP YOUR WEAPON!" and then pumping Elite Pistol rounds into two guys, dropping them to the floor, before forcing the surrender of your lead- and knoowing that you're doing it. Class. I can't comment on the lifespan of the game before you get bored, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

As a 24 fan and not a gamer, I am enjoying playing it. I rented for the week from extravision just to see.

I don't know if it is a gamers game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I enjoyed it up to the part where you had to play as Kim. It was getting boring up to that point, and that just killed the game off. Disappointing.

I wonder is there a hot coffee mod for '24' as there was in GTA:SA? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement