Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine/dryer in one

Options
  • 19-03-2006 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Can anyone tell me how they find their washer/dryer all in one machine. I am really stuck for space. Probarly in wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

I have had a Zanussi for years. Everyone told me that I was mad getting an all in one blah blah. great washer/dryer - only use the dryer an odd time. "A" rating too. I'm sure if you used the dryer all the time it might be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

WICKL0W wrote:
    I have had a Zanussi for years. Everyone told me that I was mad getting an all in one blah blah. great washer/dryer - only use the dryer an odd time. "A" rating too. I'm sure if you used the dryer all the time it might be a different story.
    Me 2 - same as WICKLOW. I too have a Zanussi and everyone said it would pack up in 2 years - I have it 7 years now and only one bearing replacement at €100. Most reliable appliance I've ever had and A rated. It cost a few quid though - IR£499 in 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Lorcul - We've had a Whirlpool washer/dryer for seven years now and never had an ounce of trouble with it even though people said we we mad to be getting one. It's used at least twice a day (washer and dryer - no clothesline). Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lorcul

Thanks everyone. Another silly Question when you purchase a new appliance they come and collect old one am I right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lorcul wrote:
    Thanks everyone. Another silly Question when you purchase a new appliance they come and collect old one am I right?
    Check out this link for info http://www.weeeireland.ie/

I have an Indesit washer/dryer myself for the last 3 years without any bother. The dryer part has come in handy for the last year or so as my garden is undergoing a drainage 'project' at the moment, or 'forever' according to my wife :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

I know several people who've had nothing but problems with them, but space not really an issue for us so didn't look again.

However, if you do go that route, check the dryer capacity. It's often significantly less than a full washing load, which may negate some of the possible benefits - i.e. washing then drying straight away.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think a lot of makes nowadays do have models that allow for full drying loads too. But Macy is right, make sure and check. The cheaper ones especially might only be half load drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had one myself for about 8 years, the drum size is smaller than a normal washing machine. Never gave any problems. I would not hesitate in recommending it, also the dryer load is only about 1/2 the wash load so it can't dry a full load. Great for a small load, which can be washed and dried overnight.

:)

Advertisement