Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to rent a sports car

Options
  • 19-03-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello,

As its the big 40th birthday this year, I want to rent a sports car for a few days, does anyone know of a company thats rents good quality sports car.

its a life time ambition....so please help

regards
    :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Beaufort car rentals used to, I know that much. Not sure if they're still around. Try them on google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah i seen that name around but i couldnot find any contact details.i think theres finished.but if you find any details on it please post it up as id be interested.
    thanks

found this, they are not still around

http://www.beaufortcarrental.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Easy.

Book a trip to Las Vegas (life time ambition > trip of a lifetime), walk down the strip. There's at least two car rental places with a lot full of Boxters, Corvettes, Vipers, TTs, Z4s etc.

Prices are not as bad as I expected either, around $200/day fully insured.

Then just drive out into the desert and have fun.

yeah i went to vegas last jan, it was an amazing trip, you can rent ANY car you want. theres way more than 2 car rental companies on the strip. every corner theres sports cars parked and they are for rent. any way its way cheaper than renting it here but the only problem is its left hand drive.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Buy one?

*cough cheapskate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

if you rent it you have to crash it - it's not a thing that you have to do before 30 or 40 it can be any time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

drdre wrote:
    but the only problem is its left hand drive.:mad:
    Whats wrong with that? Especially in the states, you'd be driving on the other side of the road, so surely it wouldn't be so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

So Beauford are gone !

Well that doesn't surprise me, I rented a 348TS from them, and it was a ball of total scrap !

It had 45,000 on the clock but it was in bits ! It went well but the interior was falling apart !

The guy I felt was unprofessional and..................the Tax Disc was from a 1991 Opel Corsa 1.0 !!

I challenged him about that afterwards and claimed his wife got them mixed up !

Yeah right !

What happens if I rent a Lambo in vegas, write it off then skip the country?

Presumably not a whole lot?

• Advertisement

merc mad thats mad, they must have been unprofessional if they had the wrong tax disc.

i think if someone formed a real exotic cars rental service it would defo make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

drdre wrote:
    i think if someone formed a real exotic cars rental service it would defo make money.

that or they'd go out of business from people crashing their cars!

colm_mcm wrote:
    that or they'd go out of business from people crashing their cars!

yeah the major problem is our roads.we pay so much road tax where is that going?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ronoc wrote:
    What happens if I rent a Lambo in vegas, write it off then skip the country?

Presumably not a whole lot?

lol well i wouldnt say that . they can apply to have you sent back to stand infront of a court and then face a number of convictions .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Doubtful that would ever happen. They wouldn't let you take it out without full insurnace. Why skip? Just get the "bring back the key" insurnace and you will be fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

bennyx_o wrote:
    Whats wrong with that? Especially in the states, you'd be driving on the other side of the road, so surely it wouldn't be so bad?

I drove an LHD car in Ireland for years. Believe me, it's easier to drive an LHD car in LHD country.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've also driven a LHD car here. I don't find it much harder than a RHD.

ive never driven a LHD but i love to try it and get the experience

Advertisement