Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Played really bad

• 19-03-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just feel like giving up. Have been playing for years but was all over the course today, could barely hit the ball, really embarassing. Had changed my swing a bit and think it contributed to the mess, hadn't practiced them enough. Anyway, guess everyone has their off day!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Just feel like giving up. Have been playing for years but was all over the course today, could barely hit the ball, really embarassing. Had changed my swing a bit and think it contributed to the mess, hadn't practiced them enough. Anyway, guess everyone has their off day!?
    and don't you know it, don't let it discourage you it happens to us all. i 've been playing very well recently and when i got together with my family, for our big every so often get together, down in the heritage last week, i shot 98! i felt like i'd shot a hundred and 98:o . don't worry , do a bit of practice, maybe get a lesson, or at least get a friend to go to the range with you and have them watch you for a while, see if they can spot anything different you're doing or any new bad habits you've picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I feel your pain Tony!

Was in hospital a few weeks ago for a bit and while there they threw in the winter vomiting bug as a freebie. A few days after I got out I got a chance to play Carton house. I had a 'mare! I could not swing an iron to save my life, absolutely no difference between a 9 iron and a 4 iron, both were going about 60 yards.

I put it down to weakness after the virus, spent a few sessions at the range hitting only irons and only now I'm getting back close to how I was beforehand (which was bad enough!). So if it's only one off day, you're lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

I have been playing for years, on and off, kindof half arsed. I wondered why I never seemed to get any better. I started playing once a week with someone better than myself. I go to the driving range for an hour once a week too. I am gradually getting better.
    I suppose, just keep going, but get some practice, and confidence in one of your clubs and start there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

Could be worse, how would you feel if you three-putted from 3 feet to throw away the Bay Hill Invitational thus losing out on €400,000, a 2-year exemption to the PGA tour and an invite to the Masters????
    Everyone has a bad day on the course every once in a while. Don't worry about it, put it out of your mind. Anyway, we're still playing winter rules, can't take anything too seriously when playing on bad fairways & soggy greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tonymontana

Hey thanks, think I've got over it! Took out PG Wodehouses Golf Omnibus, always helps to lift me up after a bad game of golf. Think I'll head to the driving range this week to work out what went wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

i once played so bad, that i sold my golf clubs and didn't play for years!
    Then i bought a set last october and am back playing again.
    There are just days when your irons can be crap or it'll be your putting! Seems i've nailed the tee shots !!

Advertisement