Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia N80 New Price on Expansys €914!?!

• 20-03-2006 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

just see on the expansys.ie site that the pre-order price for the nokia n80 is 914 euro. Is this for real?! Nokia have announced several times the RRP for a Nokia n80 in Europe is €500. Even if this price excludes VAT, that still 610 approx. Not 914. Thats a crazy price. Did they just guess this?
    Ive been intending on buying this phone since December. I have 700 put away for teh phone (I dont really have the intention of spending the full 700 on the phone, but its aside and that would be my absolute limit, if i was crazy, and on drugs, and maybe threatened by a man with a pointy stick)

Anyone know if they generally do this, or if i can expect to find it elsewhere for the RRP quoted by nokia, once its (finally) released.

Page in question: http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=127499

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

nah, thats a rip off, i should not be that expensive. expansys do have high price at the start.
    but you will find it cheaper once its available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

hmm, hope so. Any ideas when it'll be released? Nokia said Q1 2006. not long left before q2. THen again, the n91 was announced almost a year ago now! (April 2005!!) And it still hasn't been released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

But it is a sexy phone........I want one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

N90user wrote:
    But it is a sexy phone........I want one!
    damn straight its a sexy phone! Ive been looking around, and there just isn't another phone that stands up to it. The n90, sure it has a great camera, but its bloody HUGE, and no vibe alert. n91, 4GB is a bit small now. I have a 20GIG Zen, and intend to buy a 2GB Mini SD for the N80, also the screen only has 1/4 the resolution.
    I want a symbian too, and the thought of wifi on my phone so so damn cool!
    Sure, people are into smaller phones now. Maybe its 3 times as thick as the RAZR, but its got 1000 times more features. I like that ratio.

Damn right man, well said!

:D

• Advertisement

it is a sexy phone but not a attractive price.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah, this fone caught my eye too.

have a 6600 atm, bloody great phone, i HAVE to have symbian on my next phone as im so used to it. the only problem is the 6600 cost me €500 2 years ago, and it looks like im gonna have to shell out that and more for this baby.

i dont need a phone of this calibre so im trying to convince myself its a big waste of money. its so hard to resist.

ebay might be your best option :D only an idiot would pay €900 for a phone.

Take the 8800 for example... Its a piece of sh!te.Lets be honest. It cost like 800 yoyos

n90 user you are right the 8800 s a disaster for nokia, they should have come out with a better 8 series with better camer. the 8800 is a 3200 with a silver casing.
    its really crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Nokia N80 is expected in sale in February for about 500-550 Euro.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n80-en.shtml

• Advertisement
Advertisement