Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sushi?(or any form of japanese)

• 20-03-2006 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

anybody know a place that does sushi in wfd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Try Billy Burkes on Ballybricken , they supply a lot of the fish in Waterford so someone up there would surely know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I guess the oriental restaurant over Oscars on the Dunmore Road?

They do Chinese, Thai and Japanese as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

any luck with the search for the sushi??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm not aware of anywhere that does sushi in Waterford, and I love the stuff, so I'd constantly have it on my radar!

If you do find somewhere, let us know. I'll be down there in a flash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I detect an opening in the Sushi market for some business folk in the area, and I want my royalties;)

Surely it must be on the menu somewhere in the S.E. or is this place so backward in this day & age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

its in this weeks aldi book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

no one in Waterford does it -
    i get it in M&S in cork!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Tanabe wrote: »
    I detect an opening in the Sushi market for some business folk in the area, and I want my royalties;)

Surely it must be on the menu somewhere in the S.E. or is this place so backward in this day & age?

Yeah but do you think Waterford is ready for Sushi? I mean half the people in the city probably dont know what it is and once they find out many dishes incorporate raw fish I think they'll end up sticking to their Istanbul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

no one in Waterford does it -
    i get it in M&S in cork!!!!

The M&S Sushi only contains cooked fish so I dont think you can call the non vegetarian pieces of it sushi / sashimi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

forbesii wrote: »
    Yeah but do you think Waterford is ready for Sushi? I mean half the people in the city probably dont know what it is and once they find out many dishes incorporate raw fish I think they'll end up sticking to their Istanbul!

I think you're underestimating us Blaa-landers in fairness... I mean the lads you see hanging around up by the Bull Post mightn't be into it, but there are plenty of people living here who've travelled far and wide and experienced more than crubeens and large bottles of Phoenix.

I mean half the population in their 20s here have probably spent a year in Thailand and Australia. A good number of them will have gained a taste for sushi along the way. And who knows, maybe I'm underestimating all the lads up at the Bull Post too... maybe the old sashimi and tempura would go well with a few layrge bohhels buoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

fricatus wrote: »
    I think you're underestimating us Blaa-landers in fairness... I mean the lads you see hanging around up by the Bull Post mightn't be into it, but there are plenty of people living here who've travelled far and wide and experienced more than crubeens and large bottles of Phoenix.

I mean half the population in their 20s here have probably spent a year in Thailand and Australia. A good number of them will have gained a taste for sushi along the way. And who knows, maybe I'm underestimating all the lads up at the Bull Post too... maybe the old sashimi and tempura would go well with a few layrge bohhels buoy!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

longshanks wrote: »
    any luck with the search for the sushi??

God I just realised you answered a two year old question! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

forbesii wrote: »
    God I just realised you answered a two year old question! :eek:

LOL. I thought it was a new topic :p

Anyway, please dont drag up old topics! :) Start a new one if you wish.

Cheers. :)

Topic Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement