Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a payphone?

Options
  • 20-03-2006 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I want to purchase a payphone (coin operated) for use in a retail space, so customers can make phone calls on an extension of the current phone line.

I've been googling around and I'm none the wiser although I've seen a few in the UK, I've emailed them anyway but with the different coins and all they may not be a practical option.

Anyone know any companies that sell these? Literally just the hardware.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I think you have to talk to eircom about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I talked to them alright, but they're looking for about a grand or more plus a direct debit to set up one of their own - but when I asked them if I could install my own they said no problem, but that they couldn't recommend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

Try the "Buy and Sell" - you'd be surprised how many of these change hands.

NiallB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And make bloddy sure you change the code to make free calls! You will be surprised how many know the default codes to make bypass the coin box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Speak to Lake communications they're in Dublin , I think the payphones are about e400 , but they do supply them

Tel: 1 4031029
    http://www.lakecommunications.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

There's a payphone in Argos. Just one.

Advertisement