Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

question?

Options
  • 20-03-2006 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

currently im driving a car on northern plates, i havnt brought it in yet. if i was called for my driving test, would i be allowed do the test in that car?
    i know very piece of paper under the sun has to be on the windscreen, im just not sure though
    thanks

its ok found out, i cant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You can't even drive it to the test never mind use it for the test. Driving a car on foreign plates in Ireland requires you to comply with the licensing, tax and insurance regulations in that country. Your provisional license is not recognised in the UK, you're effectively driving without a license as far as their laws are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Irish residents are not allowed drive foreign registered vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

you will have to provide proof of insurance to the tester.

Advertisement