Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What you've had and how good it's been.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

1st car: 1995 Ford Fiesta
    This is a 1.1l car I shared with my younger brother and prerry much learned to drive in it. It was fun to drive and solidly built, although a little basic compared to what I have now. I liked it. Fiesta's are great first cars and cost little to maintain.

2nd car: 1997 VW Polo
    I got this 1.0l base model 6 months after I started driving because it had a solid reputation and was cheap to insure. I needed my own car to get to work. It was great at first but I quickly got bored of it and didnt like the fact that it had no standard safety features like airbags or antilock breaks. It also had no power steering. At around Christmas time the gearbox started acting up so I had to trade her into the mechanics and get another car.

3rd and current car: 1999 VW Bora comfortline 1.6
    Great car, although it does cost a little more than the previous cars to fill up with petrol, it has overall good fuel economy especially since I get a clear run with it on the motorway in the mornings going into work before all the rush hour traffic. They're very solidly built cars and comfortable to drive. Ill be sad to see her go in June when I will sell her.I'm moving out of Ireland to London, where you don't need a car.

Advertisement