Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.e-nvi.com

• 20-03-2006 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of these?

Have just purchased a new house and they are going to be supplying bb and tv.

If anyone can shed some light on it would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Never heard of them. Someone else was asking recently about another crowd doing the same thing i.e. an exclusive bb/tv operator selected by the developer.

I'm no expert here, but as a consumer, surely you have a choice of service provider, just like anyone else out there. If you're not being given that choice, that's a matter for Consumer Affairs, and Comreg also, in this case.

As for their website, it looks pretty slick, but there are no specs - unless "superfast internet access" is a defined networking standard that I don't know about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I have heard of Broadworks and Magnet but these guys are new.

Surely you get a phone line as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

On the site it says they have Cat6 installed....but everything else is pure waffle!

Unless your getting Fibre like Magnet...then your best bet is DSL.....if your allowed!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

zuma wrote:
    On the site it says they have Cat6 installed....but everything else is pure waffle!

They say CAT 7 in the PDF download, but I can't comment on any of the service aspect, as I don't have their service and I've not heard of anyone who has. What have you heard about them?
    zuma wrote:
    Unless your getting Fibre like Magnet...then your best bet is DSL.....if your allowed!!!!

You're (not "your"!) not usually allowed, because the developer hasn't laid cable/ducts for phone lines to within the property. eircom are unlikey to want to, even despite the odds of getting against them to get both developer and local authority permission to allow them to, lay trunk to the property for 1 or 2 phone lines.

I didn't know Magnet did Fibre to the home, but rather than Fibre to the development with CAT6 to the home. Which of their developments have FTTH and is it throughout the house, or just to the door?

Advertisement