Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Destination X *Spoilers*

• 20-03-2006 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Did anyone see this PPV?
    It saw the inexcusable return of Scott Steiner. Why is this man allowed on TV?! I did think it was kinda funny the way about 20 of Jarretts cronies were kicking the **** out of Sting at the end. It's just gonna lead to a match between two guys who should have packed it in a long time ago(Steiner vs. Sting). This might have been good in WCW ten years ago but not now.

For me the highlight of this show had to be the opening match between Jay Lethal and the man with "Talent on Loan from God", Alex Shelley. It was good to see them getting such a long match and a decent reception from the fans.
    The International four way between Dutt, Sabin, Puma and Williams was also very entertaining. Puma made a good impression, and if this is anything to go by the X Cup or whatever its called should be very good indeed.

The Ultimate X match was poor to say the least. Ultimate X matches are normally edge-of-the-seat affairs (except when the belt falls when its not meant to), but there was nothing in the least bit good about the way Daniels won this match.

At least Eric Young and Alex Shelley's promos were entertaining but the rest of the show sucked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I still haven't had the chance to watch it the full way through, but I've seen a good bit of it. First match was awesome, as the first match on any TNA ppv usually is, involving the ROH guys. Less said about Steiner the better. His new tattoo makes his chest look like it caved in

I heard that Joe got injured during his match, that's why it ended the way it did. They had to skip a load of it and rush to the finish. I think he lost the vision in one eye..can't remember exactly what I heard. Bit of a disappointment though, after all the excellent matches they've been having

I'm liking Eric Young more and more every time I see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I didn't hear that about Joe but I guess it makes alot of sense as to why the end of the match sucked. Losing vision in one eye doesn't sound good, hope it's not too serious.
    Eric Young is great and can go in the ring too. Team Canada is a pretty good stable apart from that A1 fella. I like Bobby Roode as the enforcer and D'Amore is a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Joe was alright by the time of the Impact tapings anyway, so it doesn't seem to be too serious. You could see him talking to Daniels during the match and he looked a bit awkward at one stage, so something was obviously up. Looks like he's finished with the X-Division for the moment!

I've always liked Eric Young in the ring, just now I think he's getting better and better outside it too. I'd say Roode will be a big name in a few years time. WWE will definitely be interested in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I just watched the match again and it was going fine but they panicked big time on the finish. Do ya reckon Joe will be pushed into the world title scene? I'd like to see Christian lose the belt, float around the upper midcard for a while and turn heel. Then give him the belt back. He just isn't entertaining as a good guy. With the new breed of X Division stars coming in (Lethal, Shelley, Aries, Strong etc) I can see Styles and Joe going for the world title, leaving Daniels to defend against the new guys. It would provide the shot in the arm that the X Division needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I thought the same about Steiner when I heard about him. But if they use him right, at least in the short term he can bring somthing to them. Get his character over, kill a few of the prelim guys, let him run loose like he was in WCW and when the time comes get him to put over some of their bigger stars.

They need somthing right now given that their rating is slipping a little. I think what they need is more characters, personalities to draw in more casual fans. Don't put him in situations that make him look bad and just let him be the type of credible heel he was in WCW. Plus they are a little short on ppv credible heels besides Joe and the completely overused Jarrett.

• Advertisement
Advertisement