Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reeling in the Years song/list

• 20-03-2006 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok so ye know that program on RTE, Reeling in the Years, the best program RTE have produced in my opinion, I was just wondering if anyone knew anywhere I could get a list of the songs they have played on it? You know what I mean? Like presumably theres a record or an archive somewhere of all the songs they've used for each episode, 68-these songs, 69-these songs ect.
    A million points to the first person to come up with the awnser. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The site itself has that information. Each year has a page of its own (eg http://www.rte.ie/tv/reelingintheyears/1971.html ) and the songs for that episode are listed at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah I love Reeling in the Years for some reason... it's like recent history in easy-to-swallow format... and getting a taste of what TV and the media were like before my time.
    I always miss it when it's on though... must go to the site and see if I can jott down the times/days that it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Cheers pigman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Reeling In The Years is a timeless programme! Kids in 20 years could watch it and still be as engrossed or interested in it as we were first time around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yeah it's great, I didn't watch it for ages cause I used to see it described in the paper as "a brief history of Irish politics and culture" and used to avoid it like the plague, but if anyone would have the same kinda view as me I really recomend it, it has the best music found on any program on telly, and the way its put together is truely magnificent. In the '69 (i think) episode the last scene was Charley Haughy giving an interview and finishing with the line "it deosn't matter what you do in politics, as long as your 100% honest, people will respect your decision".

It's full of little gems like that, in the '73 episode they have an interview with someone from the residents association in Ballymun, trying to put his point across about how thier is 6000 children under 6 in a totall population of 17,000 and the fact that the gouvernment still haven't delivered any community facilities like a community or sports centre and he makes the point "it's not too much of a problem now, but whats it going to be like in 10 years when there is 6000 teenagers with nothing to do". 10 years later it was 1983 and everyone knows what happened.

But apart from all that kinda stuff its a fukkking great laugh aswell, theres another episode with a bunch of Irish hippies going to live on a island somewhere talking about how thier gonna change the world. It's showing again now from the beginning, I'm not sure what time or day its on but check your tv guides or the internet, just give it a chance, ye really don't want to miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah, it's too bad, it won't be released on DVD, due to song clearence issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

slipss wrote:
    But apart from all that kinda stuff its a fukkking great laugh aswell, theres another episode with a bunch of Irish hippies going to live on a island somewhere talking about how thier gonna change the world.

I think it was St.Patricks Island in Skerries....a few months ago a group of Latvian nationals had to be rescued from the same island because the guy who employed them (for perriwinkle picking i think it was) didnt come back for them!!!!!

Advertisement